cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV video freezes after 8 seconds on secondary box, recordings inaccessible

Dr_Fluffington
Friendly Neighbour

The primary PVR Telus box works perfectly.  When I watch using the secondary box, video of live TV only plays for 7 or 8 seconds then either says “Television signal has been lost” or just freezes.  Changing the channel allows the video to again play but only for a few seconds.  Recordings are not accessible - pressing the PVR button gives “The Recordings list is unavailable”.  I’ve restarted both the PVR and the remote box but the problem behaviour continues.  Both devices are hardwired cat 5 connections.  Numerous other devices in the house work perfectly.  

Any suggestions on how to get the secondary optic box working would be greatfully appreciated.

Ken

7 REPLIES 7

Dr_Fluffington
Friendly Neighbour

Going into Settings > General > Troubleshoot connection on the secondary box gives “Your network seems to be connected”.

Dr_Fluffington
Friendly Neighbour

Restarted the secondary box and the problem persisted.  Restarted the PVR box and the problem (on the secondary box) persisted.  Restarted the secondary box a second time and the problem persisted.  

Dr_Fluffington
Friendly Neighbour

Is it possible to get replacement hardware from Telus _without_ having to sit on hold for an hour?

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

You may wish to try this (also involves restarting your router):

How to reboot your Optik system | TELUS Support

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

Dr_Fluffington
Friendly Neighbour

Thanks for the suggestion.  I unplugged both the optic modem and the Telus WiFi router.  Plugged in the fiber modem, waited it to go to all green lights then plugged in the WiFi router.  Once the router was showing a green light, I restarted both the PVR and the second TV box.  The PVR continues to work normally, the second TV box has the same problem.

Sounds like you will need to work with Telus to get this sorted out.

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Had you said the TV box was connected by Wi-Fi, I would have asked about intermediate Wi-Fi devices, and if they properly manage the needed multicast signal. Might there be a switch or router in your network not passing mulitcast signal?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"