cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to optic 4K tv box and now my Apple TV box doesn't work

glennao1
Neighbour

I recently upgraded my telus optic tv to a 4K only because Netflix won't be supported anymore.  I've completed installing the box and paring the remote but now my Apple TV won't work.  If I plug the ethernet cable directly into the Apple box I can watch my Apple TV but if it's plugged into the new 4K box the message says no network connection.  My apple box is plugged into my TV via HDMI cable as was before.

Any thoughts would help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

Sounds to me that you need to switch the Apple TV to wireless from wired.

Here is the Apple support article for doing this:

Change network settings on Apple TV - Apple Support (CA)

Hopefully that will do the trick.

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Trying to understand how you have things set up. Was your Apple TV previously connected through ethernet or wifi? The previous Optik box you had, same question? It sounds like your Apple TV isn't connected wirelessly so if you unplug the ethernet, it has no connection.  If you want both boxes on ethernet, you'll likely need to put a small gigabit switch between the cable and the two boxes. They're pretty inexpensive.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Hi and thanks for the reply.  I did resolve the issue.  My Apple TV box is plugged into one of the TV's HDMI Ports. This has been the set up as per the instructions from the box.  When I set up my new 4K box I guess it kicked me out of all my subscriptions.  I was checking to make sure Netflix worked and I had to log in.  It occurred to me after I posted that maybe I had been kicked out of AppleTV too.  Sure enough, I only had to log back in.  All good. Thank you for your reply however.  I appreciate your interest in my issue.

st0106
Advocate
I thought Telus is with Technicolor.

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

Sounds to me that you need to switch the Apple TV to wireless from wired.

Here is the Apple support article for doing this:

Change network settings on Apple TV - Apple Support (CA)

Hopefully that will do the trick.

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

Thanks, I resolved the issue.  Seems the new box kicked me out of my Apple TV and I only had to log back on.  It just didn't occur to me but thanks for the link and your interest.