cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incomplete Hardware Shipment

a5a08185
Neighbour

After almost 3 hours on the phone last week I resolved my account issues and setup a new 2yr agreement. As a part of the new setup I was to receive a 4k PVR (or equivalent) and 4k wireless box for a 2nd TV.

1. Today I received a "4K Wireless Digital Box" Model VIP5602WT. Is this is my "new" PVR (it looks repackaged) or is it the wireless unit for my 2nd TV?
  2. Does it normally come with a remote? If so I didn't get one!
  3. As discussed with Telus last week, there are 2 TVs capable of 4k and I need a box for the 2nd TV? (Perhaps a PVR or equivalent?) The shipping box indicates that this in Box 1 o1. That suggests nothing else is coming!
  4. Finally, I'm approaching the 45 minute mark on hold trying to talk to a human!

I'm quite sure that this could have been resolved quite quickly IF there was a human to talk with! Thanks TELUS (not)!

15 REPLIES 15

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Hey @a5a08185 - just checking if you were able to speak with an agent

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

Absolutely!

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Ok great!

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

This is a Good News Bad News story.

GOOD NEWS: I finally got through to an agent!

BAD NEWS: Unfortunately, the agent went off to look into my account and I got disconnect! No callback AND I did not want to waste another 30 to 45 minutes on hold. So I have abandon the effort for the moment.

A suggestion for Telus. The device I received yesterday came from Calgary via UPS with a tracking number. WHY can't Telus send the customer the Tracking info? If more than one package ALL the tracking numbers. (Telus showed remarkable efficiency to show me how to return the replaced equipment AND advising me of the costs I might incur if I was late!)

a5a08185
Neighbour

UPDATE: 5 business days and still incomplete hardware.

1. Still I have only one box and I assume it's the 4k unit for the secondary TV.
  2. Still no answer about a remote - is one included?

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

What did our team say when you spoke with them? If you'd like, feel free to send us a private message and we can discuss further if you'd like.

As suggested, I have replied to your email in an attempted to send you a private message.

Thanks!

I was unable to get to a team member to resolve the problem. As mentioned I was disconnected and had already spent an inordinate amount of time trying to get some answers. My 2 questions are:

1) Were 2 units shipped? (I have only received the wireless unit for my 2nd TV)
2) Is a remote included with each unit? (I have a Slimline_1 remote for one of my TVs and will it even work with the new box?)

Rick

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

We can take a look. Send us a private message here and we can investigate!

Rick81
Coach

FINALLY -- I hope a solution.

I got through to Telus in Vancouver and, within minutes, they answered BOTH of my questions.

1) Where is the 2nd 4K box? Well it seems like the original guy at Telus was so busy writing up my 41 page agreement he neglected to order my 4k PVR! (In theory it is now processed and should be here early next week.)

2) The new PVR self-install kit comes with the required remote.

So in summary. Telus guy @1 screwed up my order. Telus guy #2 got disconnected and never called back. Telus guy #3 "seems" to have resolved the issues. Oh, I never received a reply to the the "private messages" suggested.

In the process I've lost a week of TV in 4k, a pile of time on hold listening to Telus' horrible voice trying to get me to use their AI assistant and additional time here on the forum trying to get the attention of Telus! This exercise has demonstrated how Telus has turned the customer into the Troubleshooter, the installer and the courier. I have been a Telus/BC Tel customer for several DECADES, hopefully, this subject can be closed when the 4k PVR arrives with a new remote next week!

Finally, Kudos to Michael in Vancouver for his assistance today! He was very understanding and efficient. I just wish I had gotten through to him on Monday instead of Thursday!

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

It's great to hear that you finally found a solution after all the hassle! While it’s frustrating that it took so long, We're glad Michael was able to finally resolve everything for you. We appreciate your feedback and will pass it along to the team.

Rick81
Coach

UNFORTUNATELY, the saga continues. I'm slowly becoming convinced that this is just a doomed project.

The "new" 4k PVR arrived yesterday. Installation was supposed to be a piece of cake. I began this morning at about 10:30 am local time. At about 15:00 local time it was determined that the "new" 4k PVR was not working. A new 4k PVR has been ordered and ANOTHER week of 4k TV is lost along with another 3+ hours of my time also lost! Given all that has happened since since this started on August 14th, I believe that Telus, even at  minimum wage, owes me at least one month of service free

Coincidentally, my Telus bill with all the new charges arrived yesterday! They're efficient at some things! A "Happy Camper" I am not!

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Definitely not the experience we want our customers to have. Feel free to send us a private message and we can look into things with you.

Rick81
Coach

Finally ALL IS RESOLVED! A replacement 4k PVR was received on Tuesday and the new PVR and 4k wireless digital box were installed Wed. The faulty 4K PVR as well as the old PVR and wireless digital box were all packaged and returned to Telus yesterday (Wednesday). Thanks to Telus Support for your assistance!

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

We're always happy to help!