cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost all recordings and scheduled recordings

JLB78
Neighbour

I was watching my recordings this evening, got a notice that my remote batteries were low so I changed them.  I went back into my recordings to continue watching and all my recordings are gone!  Even my scheduled recordings.  Anyone experience this?  Not sure if it was just a timing coincidence on the battery change (can't see what this would have to do with anything) or there is something else going on this evening.  Already tried rebooting and nothing.  Switched from Shaw not too long ago and must say recordings are not

user friendly on this system in comparison.  Please tell me there is a way to get them back or to atleast get it so I don't have to try and set up my recordings again  😞

5 REPLIES 5

RobWoodside
Neighbour

This also happened to me. I paused a recording and when I came back all recordings were gone , even the scheduled ones. After pulling the plug a couple of times the recordings came back but the system was very slow.. Thinking things were back to normal I tried to watch and although the system said the recordings were there the screen was black and eventually I got some kind of error.

I am going to give Shaw a call as this new Optik system is useless. Every morning you have to look at the scheduled recordings to see which are missing and then go and record them again.

DJ_BC
Neighbour

This happened to me as well. The box said there was a system-wide issue. The recordings have all come back now but now my box keeps crashing and I can’t watch anything. The most useless box/“TV service” I’ve had in 25+ years. 

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, we experienced an issue affecting cloud PVR for a small group of customers. The issue is now resolved and your recordings should be back. Our apologies for any inconvenience.

RobWoodside
Neighbour

Tonight I wanted to see something on YouTube and when I clicked on it from the home page it quickly came up and promptly disappeared before I could even search anything. YouTube is currently unavailable on Optik!!! What are we paying for? The old system was never this useless.

How do you start a new thread in this neighbourhood ? 

Hey @RobWoodside - please try rebooting your box and try again

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.