cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to stop the "press the ok button on your remote to watch recordings"

mytaxis
Neighbour

We have a main telus PVR box that is not connected to a tv. We have 2 satellite boxes. When watching recordings on either box, the message above shows up. It stays on the screen for a second or 3 and flashes sporadically (about 20 times) in a 40 minute recording. It only happens when watching recordings, not live tv. Our boxes, according to Telus, are the most recent version. They have all been restarted. I've shut down the modem into the house and rebooted from there before rebooting the PVR and tv boxes. This has been happening for over a year, and there has been no resolution. Has anybody found the fix for this yet? @bwm did you get your fix?

33 REPLIES 33

Drums
Friendly Neighbour

Happening here too, probably for the last 4 months or so…every recording it pops up…

bwm
Friendly Neighbour

Telus replaced the box and this went away.
Customer loyalty had a technician come to the house and run diagnostics. Found the defective box. No $150 fee.

Bruce [mod edit - private info]

All 3 of my  tv boxes have been replaced (Various models) twice and the dedicated PVR box has been replaced 4 times.  Those are not the problem

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

This has been flagged to our Optik team who are investigating. We will provide an update when we've got one. Appreciate your patience.

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

• Agreed only one solution I am so done with telus 

I honestly think the only option as clearly TELUS doesn’t feel bothered to fix the problem is to switch suppliers I am so fed up with them .

why can they not just fix this 

IWannaC2
Organizer

I have noticed recently (since returning to 4k boxes from horrible evolution boxes), that these messages, although sporadic and inconsistent, only appear on my boxes when I am watching a recording while another program is being recorded at the same time.

I noticed this because the little red light on the 4k tv (remote, wireless) box goes out when the message appears on the screen, and lights back up when the message goes away.  I have NOT noticed the message when watching a recording that is not playing at the same time as another program is being recorded.

Can anyone else having this problem verify it……it may help telus discover the solution to this “non-existent”, “never heard of it” problem.

Drums
Friendly Neighbour

Ok what I’ve now noticed twice since I’m actually paying attention now, is that I’m watching a recording and when my pvr starts a new recording while playing a recording, is when it’s coming on the screen.

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Thanks for the feedback, we'll pass it along to our team right away.

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

TelusProfile302
Neighbour

I to have the same annoying problem. It appeared following the Telus upgrade of my modem. I do not have any extenders installed as my space is small and all on one floor. I have tried rebooting everything including the remote. I observed very closely in the last 24 hours when this annoyance occurred. It did happen during recorded playback. It appeared whether the PVR was recording or not. It appeared for indeterminable lengths of time. To date I have not contacted Telus technical support, and based on the previous comments, it would likely be a waste of time. The new system they are rolling out does not appear to be any better and maybe even a bit more frustrating. Quality control like customer service appears to have been tossed out by Telus. 

Drums
Friendly Neighbour

Ok so you are correct in how annoying this is getting, every minute or so this is happening. What is the alternative mentioned above..call and get new equipment? Also it’s only happening with one of my pvrs, the one that constantly freezes and I have to restart it, my other two boxes are fine.however this is my main watching one. But not the main pvr, that’s downstairs.

How come you have 2 different pvr’s?  Are they hooked up to 2 different services?(2 different accounts). You an have multiple tv boxes though.

in general, you cant have 2 pvrs working on the same optic account..they may be fighting with each other for signal.

is the message only appearing while watching one recording while another program is being recorded? (Common thread in complaints).

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Hey @Drums if you have ongoing issues we would like to help. Please send us a private message and we will help you there