cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get The Frame channel?

Sonia-Sophia
Just Moved In

I was just offered to switch to Telus from Shaw after being with Shaw over 20 years. I received the agreement but am about to cancel because I was not promised the comfort to get the package of TV channels that I currently have. I am blindly accepting a TV plan that I was not shown what channels I am signing for. I asked for PBS Detroit and The Frame channels specifically. If you don't have them and cannot offer them, then I am staying with Shaw. The Frame is a great channel. So disappointing that so many customers have asked you since 2016 and you still don't have it? Why? Can I get these 2 channels? Can I have my TV package transferred from Shaw to have it with Telus, or not? Thank you, Sonia-Sophia Vallie

7 REPLIES 7

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

The Frame is a channel specifically created by Shaw and Shaw doesn't allow any other providers access to it. The only eastern PBS available on Optik currently is PBS Boston. 

You won't be able to transfer TV packages or individual channels between any providers anywhere in Canada. That's not how the industry works unfortunately. Each service provider may have slightly different channel offerings and agreements with different channels. Especially American channels. The main American ones (ABC, CBC, NBC, FOX, PBS) are all from different cities when you look at Shaw vs Telus. Telus has the Seattle channels while Shaw has the ones from Spokane instead. Same story for the eastern channels. Different cities for each.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

The PBS feed on Optik is from Spokane, not Seattle. 

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

It's actually both. You'll get KSPS Spokane if you're in Alberta. If you're in BC, you get KCTS Seattle for PBS.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

loosemeat
Advocate

If you will have a 4K box, you'll receive Stingray Naturescape which is similar in content to The Frame.

Has Naturescape been removed? I just switched to Telus and cannot find it in listings anywhere. Disappointing since the TV channel selection guide still has it listed.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

I can't find anything that says Stingray or Telus discontinued that channel. Since I don't have a 4K box, I can't access it to see. What happens if you go to that channel? Do you get an error or some other message?

pbsfan
Organizer

In my opinion, WGBH Boston is superior to the Detroit PBS channel. On Shaw, I endured WTVS in standard definition before finally switching to Telus and getting the Boston PBS in high definition. The Boston channel was able to afford Great Performances from the Met in HD, whereas the Detroit channel didn’t carry the series. As well, Telus offers around 10 4K channels, and even 2 classical music video channels (mezzo and Stingray Classica) which offer symphony, ballet, opera, and jazz performances 24/7 in HD. If you like to see scenery from around the world, then there’s a travel channel in 4K HDR!  I wish I hadn’t waited so long to go to Telus. My nightmare is thinking of being forced to go back to Shaw. Furthermore, Telus was cheaper for me and has remained so, ever since!