cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optik box HDMI-CEC problem, or ghost in the machine?

Zman2k2
Ambassador
I’ve been having an issue as of late, maybe 6 months or so. My setup is as follows:
-optik box/AppleTV in their respective inputs into a Denon AVR-X2400h receiver and out to a Sony X90K TV.

The TV and the AppleTV have been changed during the 6 month period, and the behaviour has continued. What’s happening is that at random times, when no one is in the vicinity of the remotes, the receiver turns on for 30sec to a minute, then turns off. No external forces acting on it at all.

My question is, does this, or something similar happen to others. My suspicion is the HDMI-CEC protocol in the Optik box is generating this problem, or the receivers HDMI board is on the way out.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Zman2k2
Ambassador

As an update to this, so everyone knows, it appears Telus’ implementation of HDMI-CEC is fine. My Denon receiver, Wednesday night, kicked the bucket and gave me the “green screen of death” for the HDMI output. Solves that.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

buckycat
Leader

Do you have HDMI CEC turned off on the Optik box and Apple TV?

Sorry.  HDMI-CEC is on on all 4 devices, that’s how I’ve been controlling things since my Harmony died. 😭. CEC is nice for that.

Zman2k2
Ambassador

As an update to this, so everyone knows, it appears Telus’ implementation of HDMI-CEC is fine. My Denon receiver, Wednesday night, kicked the bucket and gave me the “green screen of death” for the HDMI output. Solves that.