cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Samsung TV Promo upgrade

andrew15
Neighbour

I signed up for an internet and TV package with the free Samsung 55" TV promo.

At the time of signing up, I was asked if I'd be interested in upgrading it to a larger TV through Samsung.

I said yes, and they told me that instead of the 55" TV shipping from Telus, that Samsung would reach out and provide the offer for larger models at an upgrade price. So far I haven't heard anything.

I called in to the Telus service desk last week and no one seemed to know what I was talking about. Eventually someone at Telus gave me a Samsung number to call, but it's just the general Samsung order line and no one seems to know anything about the Telus TV program.

Does anyone have any insight into any of this?

3 REPLIES 3

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello. There definitely is the option when signing up for the 55" to give consent that allows Samsung to contact you directly within a few days to discuss your options. Have you checked your email spam/junk folders?

andrew15
Neighbour

Just did another search in my spam folder with no luck for anything from samsung or telus.

Any suggestions on a contact point for this? It's sounding like this is probably in Samsung's hands now? I assume they should have an order number, ticket number or something that Telus would have sent to process the order? 

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

It does sound that way, as the order process itself gets a point where to proceed the agent chooses to either send your consent to Samsung (for them to call you in a few days about an upgrade) or to not send it. Regardless, you can call our team at 1-888-811-2323 and tell them you'd like for them to send the consent off to Samsung and they should of course know about the offer as it's a currently valid one.

If you do and for whatever reason are told that it's 'not an option' etc. then reply here again and we'll see what we can do.