cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Evolution icloud recordings do not record full program, it stops recording.

kitkat
Just Moved In

I have CORE TV with evolution TV boxes, Whenever I record anything, it records for 8, 24, maybe even up to 45 minutes but it does not record the whole show, It's not OPTIK PVR recordings, it's icloud. There is no solution or troubleshooting steps available. Please do not answer the question by asking me to reboot the modem, evolution boxes once more, this does not fix the issue. This issue has been happening on every channel I try, and it has been ongoiung for weeks. 

5 REPLIES 5

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello. That's definitely not the experience we want our customers to have, and we can look into forwarding this off for investigation for sure. I'll send you a private message to discuss further!

Optik-Kate
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @kitkat , could you provide additional details to help us investigate? 

1. Are you seeing the recording being 1 hour in length and it stops at 8, 24, 45 mins? or

2. Are you seeing a 8, 24, 45min total length for a recording that should be 1h?

It starts a few min early ends a few minutes early hence missing the endings on shows

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'll flag this to our Optik team for investigation!

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @Khughes1962,

Recordings are set to start 2 minutes early and end 2 minutes late to account for clock discrepancies, programming errors and/or things starting early or running long. Below is what I see for 'The National'. Recording time of 1h 4min for a 60 minute broadcast.

KHR_0-1711554702117.jpeg

If there are shows that are not recording properly for you, it would be great to have examples and/or screenshots so that the team can dig into them. Some kids shows or multicultural shows have irregular start times or unreliable guide data, so this can cause problems with recordings if the actual showtimes don't match what's in the guide. For example, the guide for CBC in the morning between 9am and 10am has 9 different programs that run for as little as 2 minutes; if these are off, the recordings might not be as expected.