cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ethernet connection

Janzep
Friendly Neighbour

Do I need to change a setting for my Telus box to accommodate Ethernet or just hook up the cable 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Janzep
Friendly Neighbour

TYSM. This is a huge help and a relief to know that the data is traveling by wire.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

Which Telus box? Are you switching from wi-fi to ethernet or is this a new install?

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

Janzep
Friendly Neighbour

Thanks Fuzz It's an existing service. The box is for a second tv long way from my router. I've run cat 6 under the house to that far away location. Just wondering if any settings need to be amended as it's not improving my service which freezes frequently requiring a reboot.

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

Depending on the box it should have an indicator showing it's connected wirelessly or wired. Possibly it's still using wifi? 

Janzep
Friendly Neighbour
Thanks for that info. I’ve plugged in the cat 6 to the Optik box and I have a flashing amber light and a green solid light at the connection. Does this mean I’ve successfully gone wired with no need to change any settings?
Sent from my iPhone

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

Do you have the new Optik box:

FuzzyLogic_1-1723995599376.png

or the old one:

FuzzyLogic_2-1723995633576.png

Janzep
Friendly Neighbour
Arris VIP5602wt

Sent from my iPhone

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

Here is the manual for that device as well as information on the various indicators. If the Link indicator is green you are using wired. If not then it's either not connected or using wireless:

VIP5602WT_ARRIS.pdf (ctfassets.net)

Janzep
Friendly Neighbour

TYSM. This is a huge help and a relief to know that the data is traveling by wire.

Rocky3
Rockstar

If it is the 21T just plug it in