cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus-21T freezing

NwLifestyleMntr
Just Moved In

Has anybody had any experiences with the 21T Android TV box freezing up?  I've called Telus 3 times already about it, and I'm on my 2nd box already.

IMHO, these 21T boxes are a piece of junk & Telus needs to find another solution.

If you are curious about the Wifi signal strength, it stated that it was "strong" during the setup.  Unfortunately, it is not possible for me to run it via "wired" Ethernet (as it is too far away from my booster).

1 REPLY 1

TELUS_Support
Community Manager
Community Manager

Here are a few additional troubleshooting steps that may help improve the performance of your 21T box:

• Clear Cache: Go to the settings on your Android TV box and clear the cache for the apps that you frequently use. This can sometimes resolve performance issues.
  • Software Update: Ensure that your Android TV box has the latest software updates installed. Go to Settings > System > About > System Update.
  • Factory Reset: As a last resort, you can perform a factory reset on your Android TV box. This will restore the box to its original settings. Go to Settings > Device Preferences > Reset > Factory Data Reset. Please note that this will erase all your data and settings, so make sure to back up any important information.
  • Optimize Network: Since your WiFi signal strength is strong but issues persist, consider using a WiFi extender or a powerline adapter to improve the stability of your connection if running a wired Ethernet is not feasible.

We understand that these steps might be similar to what you've already tried, and if the problem continues, send us a private message.