cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot make Series recording of CHEK news at 5 and 6

rt1
Friendly Neighbour
Hi all, I saw that this was an issue in April-June of this year but is not yet resolved (at least for me). Can record individual episodes and can record series of other programs on the same channel, but cannot record the daily CHEK news as a series. Anyone figure this out or are we still waiting for a resolution from TELUS? Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Optik-Kate
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @rt1 , we deployed a fix for news recordings, can you let us know if you're still experiencing issues? 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Likely because the News is not a series (i.e. no season, no episode), it just happens to occur at the same time each day. On our old VCR, we could only record by time slot, now we need the guide to tell the system  that a program is a series to record the series.

Does CHEK offer their news through a stream which you could watch at a time of your choosing?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Rocky3
Rockstar

I reported the same about Global BC 11pm not recoding series but Global morning is a series. The official answer from Kate was the network does not send the encoding so nothing to do with Optik TV

I asked why does Shaw, now Rogers and Eastlink get the encoding but Telus does not. No answer.

Optik-Kate
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @Rocky3 I can't comment on Rogers and Eastlink's solutions.

What I was trying to say was the content ID is sometimes missing, so our development team is trying to figure out how to work around it. We're definitely working on fixing this, and not waiting around saying it's the network's issue!

Optik-Kate
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @rt1 the team is still working on this, please use episode recording for now. 

We're currently performance-testing the solution to make sure it's working properly. Once confirmed, we can roll out the fix, so please stay tuned!

rt1
Friendly Neighbour

Thanks!!

Optik-Kate
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @rt1 , we deployed a fix for news recordings, can you let us know if you're still experiencing issues? 

rt1
Friendly Neighbour
Thanks for the follow up! I set the 5pm CHEK news to record the Series yesterday and it IS recording today. Your fix was successful. Many kudos for fixing the issue.