cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android TV Box vs Older UIW4001 Box - Channels Missing

Bullitt
Friendly Neighbour

I recently upgraded one of my older Telus tv/pvr boxes with the new Android digital box.    When compared to the older box upstairs, there are a few channels that do not appear on the Android tv channel line up and show as not subscribed.

For example, BBC News, Euro News and Al Jazeera News channels all play on my older box while the new Android box shows them as not subscribed.   Why the difference ?    I see now it is an extra $9 per month to get these 3 channels with the Android upgrade.   Why would I want to upgrade if these legacy channels would be an added cost ?    Is there an issue here I need resolved or is that the new way now forcing the purchase of another theme pack ?    Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Shouldn't happen if you've simply upgraded equipment and not made changes to your package. Give our team a call at 1-888-811-2323 so they can investigate!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Shouldn't happen if you've simply upgraded equipment and not made changes to your package. Give our team a call at 1-888-811-2323 so they can investigate!

Bullitt
Friendly Neighbour

Unacceptable discussion with Technical and CustomerCare departments.   In order for me to retain all of my subscribed channels I have to return the new Android tv box and get my old one back again.    I thought Telus wanted their customers to upgrade their older equipment .....  therefore anyone who does upgrade has to re-pick their theme packs at a greater cost to get the channels they used to have.    Some improvement !