cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Series recording still a disaster...

MrSL
Leader

I'll keep it simple cause you've heard it all before... I am nearly 16 months in on this system, why is it STILL lacking in so many BASIC areas?

1. Why does making a change to 'Series Recordings' from every episode to new only, frequently populate the recordings of every single episode... Last time I amended 'Planet Earth III' which only has either 6 or 8 actual episodes it downloaded 34 Episodes! Some 6 of the same that's over 35 hours of recordings and with no way to bulk delete it waiting for the 90 days to delete them...

2. Why is the metadata still unable to distinguish sports and tournaments correctly in the guide? I still don't rely on Series Recordings for the LPGA (golf) only the biggest woman's golf series on the planet! I use the LPGA App. for listings, which is frankly ridiculous. I can find the info in 1 minute... but the metadata suppliers (their job!) can't.

3. I'm guessing that as the metadata is lacking then recordings are unable to distinguish which is which. The latest tournament which starts TODAY for 4 days - Amundi Evian Championship (an LPGA tournament) failed to schedule ANY episodes... The tournament next week the Dana Open (an LPGA tournament) has only scheduled 3 out of 4 days even tho the guide listing appears identical???

4. Almost pointless asking this because even recordings on the same channel get missed, but when are we going to be able to set a 'Series Recording' that spans channels? Lots of sporting events change channels during an event.

5. When is the 90 day retention for recordings going to increase? And if space is an issue then get bulk delete working or stop recordings downloading every episode when its amended...

4 REPLIES 4

MrSL
Leader

Referring to the TelusTV-21T.

I don't see any updates, schedules in the Ongoing last quarter is 4 months out of date?

I'll keep it simple cause you've heard it all before... I am nearly 16 months in on this system, why is it STILL lacking in so many BASIC areas?

1. When are we going to be able to add recording time?

2. Bulk delete - when?

3. 90 day recording retention limit increase?

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Appreciate the feedback, will definitely pass it along to our team. As you appear to watch an extremely wide variety of programming, it's valuable for our team to find these issues so they can investigate and work on.

1. Our team is aware of this and working on a fix for an upcoming release.

2. Can't speak for the metadata suppliers but have passed this on.

3. Multi-day sporting events aren't treated as a series according to the guide data provider. Our team is working on this as well.

4. Our team is aware of this and working on it.

5. No info on this to share as of yet. We'll let everyone know when/if it changes.

Sorry @TELUS_Support  but your reply doesn't make much sense...

These are the same issues that have been posted numerous times. Has everyone from TELUS who answered these questions moved on? Your reply makes it sound like it's the first time its ever been posted. It sounds like 16 months of posting has been a complete waste on time... TELUS have regressed to issues as if it's now the first time it's been commented on???

1. You said: "As you appear to watch an extremely wide variety of programming, it's valuable for our team to find these issues so they can investigate and work on." Well in this instance I am only talking about sport. In particular the Golf channel CH925, that's not varied...

2. Doesn't TELUS have any influence on who and what Metadata is supplied???

3.  You said: "Multi-day sporting events aren't treated as a series according to the guide data provider." Well why are you able to set a series recording (on TELUS) for a sporting event if it's not treated a series recording? I has been doing this on Shaw/Rogers for the previous 18 years before I dropped the ball and moved to TELUS.

Rocky3
Rockstar

1. Our team is aware of this and working on a fix for an upcoming release.

I wish I had a dollar for everytime I read this.

Have to ask, what TV does the team watch?