cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access to Apple TV+ and Disney+

verne
Neighbour

Is it possible to access Apple TV+ (468) and Disney+ (470) without a TELUS subscription?   I already directly pay for these subscriptions

Netflix (422) and Amazon Prime (424) are available without TELUS subscriptions...why not Apple TV+ and Disney+ ?

thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

I'm guessing you have the older Telus TV box with the disk based PVR (I have this as well). I doubt these services will be coming to the old boxes. Telus is concentrating on their new digital box which have the ability to add these services through the the Google Play store.

I believe you can request to switch to the new digital box but be aware there some trade offs with respect to recording retention and assorted other issues documented in these forums.

If you have a smart TV or a game console you may be able to access these services through them. I use my PS4 to access Apple TV.

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

I'm guessing you have the older Telus TV box with the disk based PVR (I have this as well). I doubt these services will be coming to the old boxes. Telus is concentrating on their new digital box which have the ability to add these services through the the Google Play store.

I believe you can request to switch to the new digital box but be aware there some trade offs with respect to recording retention and assorted other issues documented in these forums.

If you have a smart TV or a game console you may be able to access these services through them. I use my PS4 to access Apple TV.

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

thanks!   I am currently using my Apple TV box to access the other streaming services.  I’ve read the pros / cons for the new android boxes in this forum and decided to stay with my current obsolete PVR based hardware as long as I can.