cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getting almost daily calls from telus

sharlyne
Neighbour

I am not the least bit interested in more services ( really any services thru telus ) How can I stop the calls? They come from all dif numbers which means that telus has sold my number for solicitations, I am furious and the callers are darn near rude as they simply hang up when I say please remove me and not the least bit interested.  Why should I have to ignore all calls on my phone when I dont know if it is an important caller or not and these annoying calls come thru. Help! Where do I go to get my number removed. Is there not a legal route on this request? I would presume that it is my right to say no to having this happen is it not? 

thanks for any insight. @everyone

1 REPLY 1

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

That sounds like the scammers that pretend to be Telus are calling you. The random numbers, the rudeness, etc. is all consistent with the scammers. There is no way to get them to stop calling as they are typically overseas in India. Telus and Koodo have Call Control that filters the vast majority of those calls out. If you have phone service with another carrier, you'll have to see if they have a similar feature, though at last glance, it's not likely they will.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂