cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service agreement

Telly
Just Moved In
Im on a corporate account. Back in October I did an early upgrade over the phone and was sent the new service agreement. I gave authorization over the phone once I had looked over the agreement and the order was processed. Now I am being told that my device care expired and I had not requested it for my new phone. The decide care they showed on the agreement was apparently for my previous device that was to expire in December even though there is no mention of this on the agreement anywhere. How is this legal?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

AFAIK, the device extended care plan follows the device, not the plan. Just because you upgraded your phone, does not mean the old one does not continue to be used somewhere. In similar fashion,  car insurance must be applied to the new car you buy, the old insurance does not simply carry on.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

AFAIK, the device extended care plan follows the device, not the plan. Just because you upgraded your phone, does not mean the old one does not continue to be used somewhere. In similar fashion,  car insurance must be applied to the new car you buy, the old insurance does not simply carry on.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"