cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get ahold of someone who can actually help with my account ?

Elochai
Organizer

I'm wondering how I can actually talk to someone that can understand and help me with my account as *611 hasn't been the best option for me.

I've been with Telus since 2009 (15 YEARS!) as a customer, never missed a payment, bought all my phones from Telus, and I never had issues getting someone who can help me in the past. Maybe that's because I don't normally call in, or maybe Telus support has changed. I spoke with two reps, and both I had a hard time understanding what they said but managed to get it, although they seemed to have a hard time understanding me as well, however both gave me conflicting information and if I had to change my plan based on the first rep information, I would of lost service for two devices I own. The seconded Rep if I had to change plans for a suggested "better price" would of then billed me an extra $10 for the 2 devices making the cost more then my current plan.

It was a complete waste of time trying to get my current plan corrected and after an hour, I am nowhere ahead with getting my current plan corrected and having to pay $8.63 more then what my bill is supposed to be.

So please if anyone knows how I can get ahold of someone from Telus who isn't trying to break my plan, or upsell a plan that doesn't meet my needs, I'd love to know how to contact them because clearly *611 isn't it.

I'm happy on my current plan, when it was all worked out I was told to compensate for the lost of the family discount where it couldn't be added even though I have a family member on the plan that I'd get a promo discount for the plan to keep it at the rate agreed upon. Now that promo after the years has magically disappeared this month. Something so simple as to reapply it, seems to be impossible. Instead I am being told to change plans to ones that don't support my needs or devices such as my Telus Drive, and cellular Apple Watch with out additional fees and cost. This all seems kinda ridiculous for something that should be a simple fix.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Elochai
Organizer
It been a lengthy ordeal but this issue with the plan I was promised and not provided with has been resolved. It took measures to reach the right people and it shouldn’t have been this difficult.

Am I a satisfied customer once again? Yes I am.

But I do think training and improvements are needed to avoid what happened from happening to anyone else.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello. I'll send you a private message to discuss further, thanks.

I did as you suggested and told the rep I would need the call back to be between 2pm and 4pm Newfoundland time where I work all nightshifts. Which the rep said he had a note for the support about this.

Unfortunately the support member called me at 7:30pm while I was working. It’s now 4:30pm and I’m headed to work till 6AM and haven’t been called. So I got a feeling support will once again try to call me while I’m at work instead of trying to speak to me during my time off as requested.

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Did the callback team leave their contact info?

No they did not. They left a voicemail saying they would attempt to call me again. Never got a call yesterday at all and haven’t gotten a call so far today.

Add insult to injury, TELUS has just sent me an email now as well saying they are shutting down my Drive+ device in March. So not only am I getting billed an extra $8.63 now on my bill which I shouldn’t be, a device I bought from TELUS and made for TELUS use only is now being shut down so I can no longer use it. So now I’m not only out a service, but also the cost of that device.

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

If they stated they'd be calling back, they definitely will!

Day 3 no call back, going back to work tomorrow where I’ll be gone from 4pm to 6AM and then I’ll be asleep till 2pm to repeat that cycle for the next two days before I get a day off again.

Why do I get the feeling TELUS will purposely call me during work again (even tho they have the note on file about the times to call) just to avoid solving the issue.

Unless a person has Call Control enabled.

The robo call from telus, can't get thru.

Elochai
Organizer

I can see Telus is going downward on customer support. No one has called me to fix the issues and when I call Telus I get a call center located in the Philippines where everyone can be heard talking in the background. The person I spoke too has no ability to make decisions. 

Elochai
Organizer

Well still no call from TELUS to resolve my issue. I once again called support last night. After being on the phone with support / loyalty in the Philippines call center for over 3 hours (most of the time on hold while they “checked with other teams”) I finally thought we had at least worked out the phone plan aspect of it and hopefully would soon be into the credit aspect for the TELUS Drive+.

Unfortunately all that was done so far, was lying to me, and tricking me out of my current plan I was in with false promises of services I would be getting and rates. I had agreed to a plan that included my Apple Watch (cellular) and Visual Voice mail all for $10 less than my current plan.

After they switched me over, they said they couldn’t honor the Visual Voice mail as promised and I’d have to pay another $5, they said I’ll still get the standalone Apple Watch cellular plan tho at no extra cost. To which they never did do the plan for, and they disconnected the call while I was on hold waiting for them to look into the credit on the drive+.

Contacted support by chat after waiting 20 mins to see if they’d call back.

Chat support seen and verified that they did indeed offer me the plan which was $10 cheaper then what I had, with Visual Voice mail and standalone cellular plan for the Apple Watch I have as well included. They verified that support added the Visual Voice mail at an additional cost of $5 which wasn’t supposed to be. That they didn’t change the plan for the Apple Watch (cellular) to the standalone plan as was promised (which he then try to do but ended up billing me another $5 extra a month now). So he said he would get ahold of loyalty and call me back to fix these issues today before 4PM which is when I go to work. It’s 1:40pm now with no fixes on my account and no call.

Elochai
Organizer
It been a lengthy ordeal but this issue with the plan I was promised and not provided with has been resolved. It took measures to reach the right people and it shouldn’t have been this difficult.

Am I a satisfied customer once again? Yes I am.

But I do think training and improvements are needed to avoid what happened from happening to anyone else.

The last time I contacted telus I was on the phone for four hours!! They kept having to transfer me to different departments because I was calling about getting a new remote for my TV and as well a new router( mine was 10 years old) after talking to ten different people I thought I had my issues revolved. A few days later my internet went out completely and I had to contact customer service again and during the two hours that I was on the phone I found out that my router and remote were not even ordered!!! So I got my internet fixed and ordered the router and remote again. Today the telus technician came and installed my new router which was awesome but no remote! That is what brings me back to this website once again and once again on hold hoping to get my remote:/

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Just following up on this. Have you been able to get your hands on a remote?