cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bizarre Customer Service Experience

KristinH
Neighbour

Today I logged into my online account to pay for my prepaid Telus account using a card. I entered my new card details, clicked confirm ONCE, and I was charged twice. I got in contact with an agent (via receiving a call back through their chat box.) I explained to the agent that I only wanted to pay for this once and asked why it charged twice. He explained they have a no refund policy but he could submit a request but nothing was guaranteed. I commented, I hope, I need this money back. For no reason, he tells me I'm "not speaking to him properly." I was taken aback and asked him what he meant. He repeated that I don't speak properly and that if I want to call asking for refunds I need to learn to talk proper to him. I was confused because I was polite and reasonable through the whole call. I believe I told him I didn't know why he was speaking to me like that because I had been polite. I asked again why I was charged twice and that I only wanted to pay for one month. He snapped back that I wouldn't be getting a refund. I said I hoped the call was recorded and I ended the call. It doesn't end there. I didn't want to leave it at that, so I requested another callback. When I got the call, instead of connecting to an agent, I was connected to a recording of a baby crying loudly. I have never had such an unusual, unprofessional, incompetent interaction with a company in my life. (I did request a third callback and did get another agent. Even though this interaction was also confusing, he was more professional. I also submitted a complaint to the management team through this website.) Telus, maybe it's time you invested more into hiring better quality support?

3 REPLIES 3

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

We apologize for the experience you've described. This is not reflective of the standard of service we strive to provide. We would like to investigate this situation further and ensure that appropriate actions are taken. Please send us a private message and provide us with any additional details such as the date and time of your calls.

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

Hi,

Thanks for replying.

The call took place yesterday, August 12th, at about 2:20pm ATL, (1:20pm EST.).
The second callback with the baby crying happened at about 2:27pm ATL.

I've had a prepaid account with Telus for at least a few years. I usually have it set to auto renew. This week, it did not go through on my card on file, so I logged in to add a different card. Once I clicked confirm, which I only did once, I was charged twice. My main reason for contacting was to find out why it charged it twice, I'm on a strict budget these days and didn't want to pay for two months at once. None of my questions were ever answered, and nothing was ever explained to me. The agent just kept repeating that I don't know how to speak properly and it's not his fault I make mistakes. Not sure what mistake I made, he never explained to me why it charged my card twice in the first place. Towards the end of the call when he snapped at me, I decided it was going nowhere and I ended the call. My second callback request, I was connected to the crying baby recording.

I did end up speaking with a different agent, but I'm still not sure why, when I added my new credit card, that it charged me twice. He was more stable and professional, but i still don[t know what happened.

Thank you for looking into this.

Kristin Huskins

Virus-free. www.avg.com

UDON
Organizer

On my most recent call to deal with an issue I hear a rooster crowing in the background, so I guess Telus is still outsourcing some calls overseas.   Assuming this was the Philippines.