cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(COLLECTIONS) Is This How Telus Treats Loyal Customers?

Masoud_Rad
Neighbour

I have been sent to collections by Telus for an alleged unpaid balance of $107.01 on my previous internet account (April 2021 – April 2023). However, my payments were set up as pre-authorized, and even after the service was disconnected and my contract ended, Telus continued charging me, eventually resulting in a final bill of $0.00 in August 2023.
Despite this, I received no prior notification—no emails, texts, or calls—regarding any outstanding balance. It wasn’t until a collection agency contacted me that I learned of this supposed debt, which has unfairly damaged my credit score. I have spent several hours on the phone with Telus customer service, only to be told that they cannot help me since the account has been transferred to collections.
I provided proof of the $0.00 balance to the collection agency, but after weeks of follow-ups, they informed me that Telus has not responded to their inquiries, leaving me stuck with a negative credit report that I cannot correct without Telus's cooperation.
I am still a current Telus customer, As a loyal customer, I don't expect any special treatment, but I also don’t expect Telus to ruin my credit score, waste my time, and cause unnecessary stress. I am counting down the days until my family members’ contracts with Telus end so we can move on to a provider that values its customers. In the meantime, I will continue taking all necessary steps to reclaim my rights.

3 REPLIES 3

omolomi
Neighbour

Going through a similar issue now. thank goodness I randomly decided to log in to my old telus account and discovered they have been charging late payment charges on my mobility despite showing that I have a huge credit on my home services. if  I hadn't checked I would be in the same position you are in now where they have taken the balance to collections. telus needs to do a better job with reconciling accounts when accounts are closed. for example when the account was closed I could not even see any accounts or billing information and I just assumed because it was closed I would no longer be able to see any details of my old account. but alas, I log in yesterday and found late payment charges. this boggles my mind because telus actually sent me a refund check for my closed account so I don't know why they would send me a refund check and still say I owe a balance on my closed account. 

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Hey @omolomi - we would like to take a look into this situation if you could please send us a private message

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Hey @Masoud_Rad we would like to look into this. Please send us a private message

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.