cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why did 100 dollars suddenly vanish from my Balance?

danR2
Neighbour

Did a routine phone-in check for my (Prepaid) balance. April 27/24.

"Your balance is... 10 dollars and...and will expire February 24th, 2025"

I paid (in person) 100 dollars + tax in January 27, 2024, and have the receipt.

So I logged into my account and found this line for February 25th:

25-Feb-2024 12:00 AM | feature auto renewal | Talk & Text 100 transaction, time:25-Feb-2024 12:00 AM | -$100.00 | $10.43

The "$10.43" being the balance, where the just-previous line's balance showed "$110.43":

18-Feb-2024 2:05 PM outbound call to (604) xxx-xxxx, 1min (local airtime @$0.00) client's location: xxxx, BC -$0.00 $110.43

It's almost as though my 100 bucks addition in January had been 'interpreted' as a deletion a month later

I don't use data, it is shut off both on my phone and Telus' end. I'm a super sparing user of phone time, and rarely text.

Notes: "Talk & Text 100" is my plan. Not sure what "auto renewal" means. There is no auto about my account. I pay in cash, in store.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

danR2
Neighbour

Edit: I went to the local Telus store this afternoon, and she went through it in painstaking detail. The January payment (not visible, since it was past 90 days ago) was applied and subtracted from the balance in February later: it applies for the next year.

An odd way of intuitive bookkeeping, in my view, and not the way I remember it in preceding many years; it seemed they just kept lopping off a month's worth from the balance steadily until it was about exhausted, whereupon I'd through another another 100 dollars at it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

danR2
Neighbour

Edit: I went to the local Telus store this afternoon, and she went through it in painstaking detail. The January payment (not visible, since it was past 90 days ago) was applied and subtracted from the balance in February later: it applies for the next year.

An odd way of intuitive bookkeeping, in my view, and not the way I remember it in preceding many years; it seemed they just kept lopping off a month's worth from the balance steadily until it was about exhausted, whereupon I'd through another another 100 dollars at it.

* whereupon I would throw another 100...