cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We need a new cell tower

susangb
Friendly Neighbour

When I upgraded to my iPhone 14 Pro Max, cell service was great at the store and ok at home. But something has changed, and I am only getting 1 bar of LTE. I have checked the Telus cell towers in my area and bought a signal booster to amplify the signal. This will not give me a lot of signal but it will help, at least I may be able to make phone calls from home (currently, I can, but the sound cuts in and out, so it's impossible to carry on a conversation). I am concerned because of the upcoming apartment construction between me and the cell tower. I live in south end Barrie, Ontario, and the most direct line to a cell tower is from Yonge St, a km north of Big Bay Point Rd, to the Wilkins Park tower. Other than that, it's a cell tower at Churchill Drive. Can another tower be installed to improve service for residents in this area? Otherwise, I will have to switch to Bell or Rogers.

8 REPLIES 8

Fabylous
Neighbourhood Alum
Neighbourhood Alum

Hi @susangb, thanks for reaching out, as much as having network issues is not the best, we don't have the details to when towers will be placed in an area.  However, the data and networks team can investigate to see if the area you live is problematic.  You can reach out to them at 1-866-558-2273.  You can also perform a network reset from your device.   You can follow these instructions to do so.   tap Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device] > Reset > Reset Network Settings. 

susangb
Friendly Neighbour

Thank you. I did a network reset, and that gave me two bars of LTE. I will call the data and networks team as advised.

polecat
All-Star

@susangb Before jumping ship have a some one on the other network-s come to your house and check for signal. might save  having the same problem.

susangb
Friendly Neighbour

That is a good idea, thank you. I know the Bell and Rogers' towers are closer. We are installing a signal booster today and hopefully that will improve things. It's good at the end of the street.

Syaoran
All-Star
Band 66 isn't going to do well with a building in your path. I had a hospital directly in the line of sight where I live to the closest tower and that would push the device to connecting to another tower further away for signal. Bell and Telus do share a lot of towers but Bell has significantly more and uses some better bands to deal with interference. If you have a Rogers band 71 tower near by. That would be your best bet for the strongest signal.

susangb
Friendly Neighbour

Thanks. I will consider all of that.

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

Have you enabled wi-fi calling? That may help.

Wi-Fi Calling for Apple and Android devices | TELUS Support

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

susangb
Friendly Neighbour

No, I have never head of wi-fi calling. I will look into it.