cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4 month Europe trip - can I use e-sim and put Telus on holiday disconnect

Obiscott
Just Moved In

Hello, 

I am going to be travelling/studying in Europe for 4 - 6 months and am planning to use an e-sim, likely from Vodophone. 

Given that I am going to be away for so long, are there options with my Telus mobility plan that would allow me to put it on hold as I won’t be using or need any of the data OR do i need to pay my full monthly plan price AND the cost of my Vodophone plan. 

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AaliyahWilliam
Just Moved In

Hello, Most telecom providers, including Telus, offer a service suspension or "vacation hold" option for situations like yours. This typically allows you to suspend your service for a nominal monthly fee and maintain your phone number and plan. However, you will need to contact Telus directly to confirm if they provide this option and the exact terms that apply. Remember to ask about any restrictions, like maximum suspension duration, to ensure it fits your travel timeline. Make sure to arrange the e-SIM with Vodafone ahead of your travel dates. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

AaliyahWilliam
Just Moved In

Hello, Most telecom providers, including Telus, offer a service suspension or "vacation hold" option for situations like yours. This typically allows you to suspend your service for a nominal monthly fee and maintain your phone number and plan. However, you will need to contact Telus directly to confirm if they provide this option and the exact terms that apply. Remember to ask about any restrictions, like maximum suspension duration, to ensure it fits your travel timeline. Make sure to arrange the e-SIM with Vodafone ahead of your travel dates.