cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus Telemarketing Harassment

MJE
Neighbour

I get rude telemarketing calls now near daily from Telus offering me a free phone if I upgrade. There’s probably other pitches but I no longer engage long enough to listen.

I’ve said I’m not interested in upgrading at this time, the last time so forcefully yelling the marketer hung up on me. yet the honestly harassment continues. 

I will not respond to any phone solicitation. All I get when I check the chat bit is to sign up for the do not call list. I’m already on it & it’s not helping. How can I get Telus to quit calling me for any marketing. I’m ok if there’s a problem with my account. But I’ve never had that happen. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

A free phone? That sounds like a scam. There are several scammers out there pretending to be Telus recently and are offering free phones. The scammers don't abide by any do not call lists.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

If your plan supports Call Control I would recommend you use it:

Call Control for mobile devices explained | TELUS Support

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

A free phone? That sounds like a scam. There are several scammers out there pretending to be Telus recently and are offering free phones. The scammers don't abide by any do not call lists.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Thanks muchly!  That actually probably is it.  Makes sense & explains why they constantly phone.  A free phone is pretty believable as there’s always deals to be had.  & Telus themselves phones too much as it is, but come to think of it, their numbers show up as Telus, where these ones just show up as the number.  I bet more than a few do fall for it.  

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

If your plan supports Call Control I would recommend you use it:

Call Control for mobile devices explained | TELUS Support

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

Thank you!  I didn’t know about call control.  That sounds like it would solve this completely!