cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspicious offer from Telus

Arny1211
Neighbour

Hi, somebody from unidentified phone number called me and offered telus 20$ 100GB plan and a free iphone or samsung phone if I switch to Telus.They gave me their telus id TEL6024MW, name Mark Wayne and a phone number 437-524-8616 to call for verification. Sounds very suspicious.Is it legitimate offer or a scam?

4 REPLIES 4

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Hey @Arny1211 I have not heard of an offer like this or employee IDs like this unless they are a dealer.

Do you know if they were from a dealership in your local area?

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

It's a scam. For me the red flags are:

• No cell company is offering free flagship phones.
  • The employee ID. Especially that it ended with the initials of the supposed employee.
  • They called from a non Telus number.
  • That phone number is part of an NXX controlled by Iristel in Ontario and I can't see Telus needing to use a third party phone provider. That company also has nothing but 1 star google reviews and many mentioning scams.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

BothAtHome
Neighbour

I suspect this is a scam, as well. I got a call from someone claiming to be telus promotions offering me $70/mo for home services and $250/mo for 4 mobile lines, and their supervisor was also "Mark Wayne" employee ID 600156MW and callback number 437-524-8616. They wanted my mailing address and for me to give them one of my ID numbers like DL or Passport. I said I wouldn't share that information over the phone and they said they would email me, so then I received an email from them with a different employee's name and the address it came from was [email protected] which was another red flag. I got off the call and called customer service to report it.

The situation you’ve described certainly raises concerns about a potential scam. Telus will never ask for sensitive personal information, such as a driver's license or passport number, over the phone. We appreciate you being cautious and contacting customer service to report this. If you receive any further suspicious calls or emails, please do not engage and report them to us immediately.

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.