cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online Trade Ins

Tkbest
Just Moved In

Never process a trade in online, even if there is an good trade in bonus credit.

The only reason I completed my trade in online was for the bonus credit because duh. I have gotten confirmation that they have already gotten my old device back in Oct. and was told by webstore phone agents that I would get my credit by my Dec bill. I did not. I have called in today, multiple times because the first agent hung up on me after confirming that everything I am saying to him is correct, and only to be told on the second call that the agent was unable to confirm that what I am saying is true AFTER she read the information directly off of my invoice. I ask for a supervisor to speak with so I can get the issue resolved but apparently they don't have supervisors and will need to send an email out to one to get in contact with me. What a joke. Agent would not provide a case number for me to refer to either, so clearly taking the issue seriously. 

Finally thr end result is the agent does not know anything about what to do or how to help and provides an address to send an email to for direct contact for trade in support. That should have been done the first time I called in Nov. about it.

Telus webstore staff training needs to be seriously reviewed and their access to a support team/information or direct to supervisor needs to happen because I again say, What. A. Joke.

5 REPLIES 5

T-Speed
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Tkbest 

We are sorry to hear that! 

We do not have access to the account here in the community, however, if you didn't manage to get help, please send contact us on Facebook or Twitter and we'll look into it.

CASad
Just Moved In
Oh no! This sounds like a nightmare. I’m already starting to worry about my device that I traded in because the status has not changed since Dec 1.

I checked the Canada Post tracking number multiple times to confirm if my device was actually received and it was. I even saw the signature of the recipient.

The device has been with Mobile Klinik since Dec 5. Today is Dec 14 and I still have not heard a thing! The page on MyTelus where I can see the progress of my trade in says that assessment should only take 3-5 days.

I have also been trying to get through customer service but no luck. I can’t get ahold of anyone. So I have no clue about the real status of my device, I can’t even complain because I can’t reach anyone from Telus, and I now don’t even have the option to bring my old device somewhere else because Telus already has it.

This whole thing feels like a scam and I feel incredibly stupid for even trying this in the first place. What a poor way to treat your customers, Telus.

You too? DARN IT, I did the same for blackfriday. They received my phone since Dec 5, we are now Feb 4 and still no credit. They told me by the 3rd billing i should see it. STILL DONT SEE IT. Telus is a joke, I dont even know how my mother and partner can still be with them. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE, no solution to problems.

My trade-in phone is currently missing in the mail 5 days after it was “out for delivery” and then “item rerouted due to processing error”. I feel stupid for not selling it privately now.

You can claim it if Canada Post lost the package.