cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Service

Simon4
Just Moved In

Is anyone else experiencing terrible customer service?

Up until this point I have only had very good or excellent service from Telus.

Now I spent 40 minutes with an agent this afternoon. It was taking so long to upgrade my phone that I had to ask for a callback at 3:30 pm. I called them at 4:15 pm to ask why I hadn't received a call. The agent said that he would contact the agent I spoke to earlier and get her to call me. I just received my callback at 5:25 pm.

They told me that there was some error and they could not help me. I will have to go into a store to get the phone.

Then I have to call them back and waste more time to get them to waive the fee that they charge in-store.

I've heard about how poorly these mobility companies treat existing customers but I had never experienced it until now.

Does anyone know of a workaround?

5 REPLIES 5

Serendipity
Friendly Neighbour

Yes I did yesterday. Was forwarded to another country. No results and refused to put me back to an agent in Canada. 

Simon4
Just Moved In

I posted yesterday about terrible customer service.

It continues.

The agent yesterday was supposed to put a note on my file to get a reimbursement for the activation fee since they were not able to help me online or by phone (the store charges $60 to activate a phone).

Today more run around - no note on file, cannot process reimbursement, cannot transfer me to the agent from yesterday, cannot transfer me to a supervisor.

After being on the phone, mostly on hold, the agent assured me that the refund would be processed. I explained that I wasn't assured - she couldn't even send a confirmation of said refund. I have to wait for a phone call in 8 days.

I then explained why I thought that this was unacceptable, and she hung up on me.

Is there anything I can do about this?

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, sorry for the late reply on this. Have you been able to get this issue resolved?

Serendipity
Friendly Neighbour

Sorry. No resolution. Not happy. On verge of finding services elsewhere. 

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Alright. I'll send you a private message to discuss further.