cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Activate Prepaid (Nationwide Talk & Text 100 + BONUS) service

mork5378
Neighbour

Sadly what I thought looked like a good deal has turned into a nightmare.

I wanted to sign up for the "Nationwide Talk & Text 100" plan, which has a bonus of "unlimited nationwide minutes, SMS and 2GB monthly for one year with new activations. Promo Code: BONUS100". Awesome.

So I went to the store, paid the $20 for the SIM card, got home, slapped it in the phone and went through all the steps online to create an account.

It asked me which account I wanted, asked which bonus I wanted, put in my credit card information and sent me an email confirmation.

But now my phone doesn't appear to be activated - it says I have no voicemail minutes and not funds added to my account. When I log into my account it shows no plan selected, and when I got to select a plan it shows the old non promo talk and text plan without an option to put in a promo code.

When I tried to walk through the set up again it says the SIM has already been registered.

What gives! Does anyone have any idea how to get this working? Appreciate any direction you can provide.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Hi there, send us a private message. We'll look into this with you. 

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Hi there, send us a private message. We'll look into this with you. 

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

Thank you, it has been resolved.

mork5378
Neighbour

I just wanted to follow up to say that after a few calls and asking to speak to a manager I got this cleared up. It seems the promo code (BONUS100) wasn't apportioned in their system and that there was no way to add it. A manger in concert with their back end got it going eventually.