cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call from Telus Mobility person

verd02
Friendly Neighbour

So I just (the morning of August 29) got a call from 250-493-7653. Call display said it was from Penticton, and a Google search says that this is a number operated by Telus.

Since there's no way of directly sending a complaint to Telus: The guy on the phone was offering me some Telus Mobility rate plan. I couldn't really understand him that well, due to the terrible connection. He didn't introduce himself at all other than to say he was calling from Telus Mobility. He launched straight into the offer. After he rattled off the details in a few seconds, I said I wasn't interested and he hung up without saying goodbye.

I'm not personally offended by this call, but if I were Telus, I'd be concerned about a few things:

1. The call came across in many ways as a scam.

2. The person calling was really unprofessional.

3. The quality of the connection was terrible.

4. This kind of call, combined with the door-to-door people who can be quite pushy, are annoying me and a lot of other people, and kind of giving Telus a bad name.

2 REPLIES 2

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

It's a spoofed phone number. The number in question was listed as a residential phone number. While YellowPages does say Telus is listed as the service provider, the person calling you was almost certainly not at that number or even in the province.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Dimo-X

Definitely sounds like it as Nighthawk mentioned! Only top up is to check out the https://bit.ly/2XZjjfp for some pointers and you can also forward/report the details of the call to [email protected]