cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access to mailbox from abroad with talk & text

monttoro
Friendly Neighbour

Hi,

for a project, I got a separate talk and text 100 prepaid sim card. The website and the sales clerk said it works internationally, but this is not the case (it can only receive talk and text from abroad).

I'm traveling right now (I'm in Europe) and I need urgent access to the voice mailbox of my account. I can't figure out how. Is there any way to dial in from another phone?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Traditionally one used to be able to dial their own number and press * when their voicemail recording played. It used to ask for your PIN and let you access your messages. It would be long distance from Europe though.

Barring that, you could try speaking with Telus directly using chat on their website. They may have an alternate way.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

I do not know if this applies to pre-paid plans or normal plans but there is this: https://www.telus.com/en/support/article/mobile-voicemail-when-travelling

If you are using your TELUS mobile device, you should be able to access your voicemail as usual. Voicemail is treated like any other call while roaming, and the following charges will apply:

• Easy Roam: Will not use your domestic minutes, but can trigger the daily fee if you haven't already been actively using your phone
  • Travel Passes: Will deduct from minute allowance and treated as overage once the included minutes are exceeded
  • PPU (Pay per use): Subject to the voice rates for the country you are in

If you’re not able to access your voicemail from your TELUS mobile device, or if you are calling from a landline:

1. Dial +1-647-637-7243 (to type +, press and hold zero)
  2. Follow the prompts.

As long as you had set up your voicemail prior to leaving and know your phone number and the PIN you set for your voicemail, you should in theory be able to access your messages. If this applies to pre-paid.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

monttoro
Friendly Neighbour

Sadly the information

Dial +1-647-637-7243 (to type +, press and hold zero)

is stale. "The number you have dialed is not in service."

Any other solutions?

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Traditionally one used to be able to dial their own number and press * when their voicemail recording played. It used to ask for your PIN and let you access your messages. It would be long distance from Europe though.

Barring that, you could try speaking with Telus directly using chat on their website. They may have an alternate way.