cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swap plans on numbers for same account

Fartgoblin1999
Organizer

Hi, I have only recently started a 2 year term plan with Telus that I can’t use, since my preferred phone is 3G. Telus doesn’t support 2G/3G networks and mms doesn’t work with older models. Right now I’m using a secondary SIM with Rogers as my main phone because my Telus plan only works with a couple devices. The old phone number I’m using gets a ton of spam, so I’d rather just put that SIM in my old smartphone and forward it - but that would require my other number, which is currently with Telus, to be on a network with 3G.

I’d like to switch providers. This isn’t a problem since my significant other (who has a Telus plan in the same account but can cancel at any time) will take over my term.

How can I get his number swapped to my plan and my number added to his, in the least painful way? Ideally self service or with a human in store. I went in but they said they didn’t know if they could help. Would rather not call customer service if possible.

4 REPLIES 4

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Hello, we'll send you a private message to discuss further, thanks.

Store could not help me and phone support said I could get 3G if I put my SIM in a 3G device but that does not seem to be the case. Do I need a 3G compatible SIM?

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Telus does still have 3G. Which exact model of phone do you have? Additionally, is it still locked to a specific provider? 

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Have tried it on both modern smartphones and old phones like Razrs or Sony Ericssons. I’m looking for GSM band 850. All are unlocked and work fine on Rogers.

On any phone you can manually change from 3G/LTE etc I can switch to HSPA bands but if I switch to GSM bands on Telus I get nothing. Rogers network works no problem and I don’t have any problems with mms.