cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wifi calling not working?

mattf1
Neighbour

Suddenly today wifi calling stopped working. I've done all the typical troubleshooting options. 

is there an outage occurring? When can I expect it to be back up? telus service is almost non-existent where i live, so i rely on the wifi calling capability. 

12 REPLIES 12

Snag
Friendly Neighbour

Mine isn't working either right now / October 9th 2024 around 3h55 AM

glizzyballz
Neighbour

Mine isn’t working in Ontario either. Seems to be maybe an outage? 

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Hi @mattf1 we did not have a Wifi Calling outage recently. Is the issue resolved?

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

Snag
Friendly Neighbour

Hey there,

Mine got back on by itself at 6h17AM Eastern today. Restarting the phone, router, turning wifi calling ON/OFF didn't work. 

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Can you send us a private message? We don't have any indications of an outage but we can investigate the issue

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

Snag
Friendly Neighbour

Just did!  Thank you, that's actually pretty good customer service.

It actually came back at 6h11 AM Eastern Time based on the SMS code that came it at that time (we have no tower here, so it only works with Wi-Fi calling, so the time is accurately)

I think you did though, or some sort of provisioning glitch happened, because it appeared to impact at least a few other people.

it is working now, hopefully stays up. 

Snag
Friendly Neighbour

I am down again, but not it cannot even be activated again. It tells me that if it's the first time setting it up, that I need to be in a cell area, with wifi.

Snag
Friendly Neighbour
A Phone reboot resolved the issue this time around, but this is very concerning.
We had issues last year, around the same time of the year for over a month while with Fido.

Fido had to escalate the problem to Telus, and it ended up being a Telus Network issue.
The current issues are very similar to what happened last year before going awire.

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Have you attempted to call tech support yet about this? 

Snag
Friendly Neighbour
No, it is literally a nightmare every time we try to contact them, whether it is online or on the phone so we do everything we can to avoid calling.

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Ok, let me reply to your private message.