cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sPhone newbie (Samsung Flip5) reset, clock and alarm questions

bent_fender
Organizer

What is different (if anything) between the state of my sPhone as delivered to me by Telus and its state when I have set it up again following a Factory Reset?  I presume that 'factory' reset in this case means the SAMSUNG factory and that anything 'Telus' is on the Micro-card only so that after such a reset and re-setup I would have exactly what Telus had delivered to me but I want to know the canonical answer.

There are (as far as I can tell) two 'clock' apps available, a samsung one and a google one; how do I I tell them apart or how do I identify the one that's being used? The reason for asking is that I can't shut off the alarm  by touching the provided flashing buttons for stop or snooze on the cover or on the main flex-screen. 

2 REPLIES 2

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

@bent_fender wrote:

What is different (if anything) between the state of my sPhone as delivered to me by Telus and its state when I have set it up again following a Factory Reset?  I presume that 'factory' reset in this case means the SAMSUNG factory and that anything 'Telus' is on the Micro-card only so that after such a reset and re-setup I would have exactly what Telus had delivered to me . . .

This is correct. A factory reset reverts the device back to the state in which the phone was originally delivered to you.

There are (as far as I can tell) two 'clock' apps available, a samsung one and a google one; how do I I tell them apart or how do I identify the one that's being used? The reason for asking is that I can't shut off the alarm  by touching the provided flashing buttons for stop or snooze on the cover or on the main flex-screen. 

Samsung, along with other mobile Android device manufacturers, generally install a skin (custom user interface) as a way to differentiate their vision for the end user experience. The underlying operating system is still Android, however.

Generally speaking, if you go into the settings portion of the respective app, you should see a Google branded vs Samsung branded difference. 

Red pencil: I should have said 'following a Factory-Reset AND the subsequent recovery ritual'

= Generally speaking, if you go into the settings portion

= of the respective app, you should see a Google branded

= vs Samsung branded difference. 

I don't, maybe I have never heard of Google OR of Telus before.
But I have done TONS of teaching, training and manual writing;
the user must never have any doubt

- about what s/he is using
- how to use it
- what the effect of that use will be

When I click the Clock icon (to set up an alarm)

- i have no idea whose clock it is

- being a beginner I have only a rough idea of how to use it (just enough to get the result which is NOT enough overall)

- if I knew it's a google clock I would know that I will be supplying a streaming colonoscopy