cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hotspotting with s24(wife) VS Flip5(me)?

bent_fender
Organizer

My wife has an Samsung s24 I (a smartphone newbie) have a Flip5, she has a 25gb hi-speed account I have 50gb but we have no 5g service in our area and even the so called high-speed is more like a crawl. I can use her phone to connect via wifi hot-spot or tethered but not mine and I'm turning blue in the face trying to find out *WHY* (MY own hot-spot has worked a few times but it's been iffy). It seems that the difference arises from the differences in the phones, in their setup, or the accounts. What should I compare to find the problem? I use neither microsoft nor apple products (boot a different Linux system every day of the week, all use NetworkManager) and I have no MyTelus nor MyGoogle accounts on my phone (don't want any either until everything gets sorted out), but as I said ity works with her phone. Thanks in advance for any wisdom especially based on experience with similar givens 🙂

1 REPLY 1

bent_fender
Organizer

I think my 50gb limit has already been reached but that should only mean that I'm down to normal speed instead of high speed. Where is it then, 'normal' speed that is? Or is dead stop the normal speed?  I've also reset the phone to factory, no change, I'm on my wife's phone again. Our normal provider's equipment is down and will remain so until April or May.