cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the service (or lack of) a telus thing, or Maximum Mobility store

plumbob
Friendly Neighbour

Jan 1, 23- Phone falls in toilet (literally). Jan 2, 23 go to Maximum Mobility in Spruce Grove and ask about a Samsung z flip 4, no stock there, but comp. shows one at west Edmonton location. Please phone to comfirm and hold for me. 1 hour later i arrive and they bring a z fold 4 out. I ask about a z flip 4 and they go get one. activate and all is good, but not before i ask about the folding screen, seems like it would be a weak point, has there been any problems with them? None they are aware of, but if you are worried about it, get the TelusCare coverage then you will have no worries and you know you are covered if the screen does break. 8 days later, i am at work 14 hours north of there in a remote camp when the fear becomes reality and screen breaks at the fold. On the 18th of January (next avalable break from work), I drive 4 hours to Red Rabbit (Telus dealer) in the nearest town of High Level, AB. They cant help me, go to place of purchase. I phone ahead and they say "no problem, come in when you can". Feb 11, 23 i come in on days off, and am told its been too long, and cant be exchanged due to the exchange done at the time of purchase from a z fold to a z flip. Has to be sent out for TelusCare clam with Assureon (Forgive if misspelled). Phone comes back as claim denied due to abuse...400.00 for new screen.

13 REPLIES 13

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

According to your post, you never bought the z Fold, your original purchase was the z Flip. THAT is on Maximum Mobility.

Your extended repair plan is with Asurion (again, spelling) so really you need to take it up with them, OR the manufacturer, since the break occurred in such short time. I'd start with Samsung.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

plumbob
Friendly Neighbour
You reapond like it was not a telus dealer i walked into to buy the phone, and it wasnt a telus rep who told me there was no issues with the folding screen but get the telus care coverage and you will be fine. I did not know asureon was a company till after this hell, never mind signing into an agreement with them.

plumbob
Friendly Neighbour

I know i never bought the z fold, but on the computer at Maximum Mobility i was told this was the second time i was wanting to exchange the phone, i said i was not , but they were quite insistant that i had a f fold for less than an hour, and then exchanged it for a z flip. I asked if the screen was a known issue at the time i bought it and the TELUS rep said not to her knowledge but buy the TELUSCARE package and you will be covered from screen breakage. I knew nothing of a company called asureon, i did not go into an asureon dealer to buy the phone, and i am not being charged the 15.00 a month for coverage that comes back denied for a plan called asureoncare. Telus is where i went, and telus will deal with it or telus will loose yet another customer (yes, i know you could care less if i leave).

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Asurion is pretty much what ALL carriers use for the phone insurance. No carrier insures the phones directly. Reading the fine print is key. You'd still end up having the same issue regardless of who your provider is. Asurion is not a new company either and there are tons of posts about Asurion and how they are so pricey for repairs or replacements. $400 is Asurion's typical service fee. You can even search by phone and plan on their site.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

plumbob
Friendly Neighbour

Thats was really makes me mad is the fact i am still being charged the monthly fee for coverage i cant use.

plumbob
Friendly Neighbour

I am not concerned with the insurance, i am having issue with me paying for insurance then paying for the repair because insurance is refusing while still being charged the monthly dues for the insurance i cant use. All this for the peace of mind of knowing i would not have headaches and/or large bills for a concern that i was assured would never be needed anyway. At every turn i am being lied to and charged money for it, and all i ever hear is, "Im sorry, but unfortunatly that is not up to me us. You need to talk to (insert cmpany ive never heard of here). I remember when companys took pride and stood behind what they sold. Now we direct pay to a bunch of programmed drones who only know how to shift responsibility and no one gets any results except to their shareholders because if profits fall, the stock price falls, and lets face it thats their true customer. I do have to thank them for one thing, the three weeks i was stranded in camp with no phone was awesome, but my boss was going crazy everytime i didnt check in to let him know i wasnt dead yet. I had to borrow the clients phone once a day to send a text and other than that i had no inturruptions, and it was incredible how much you can get done when you dont have to stop and check texts every five minutes. I would do anything to go back to when all we had was an xj two way radio you had to drive to the top of a hill to get out and wait for an open channel to call out, but you could flip through the channels and listen to everyone elses conversations till there was a free channel.

Once the display begins to crack Samsung determines the phone to be out of warranty. Samsung hasn’t updated their website with the Flip4 yet but the Flip3 is listed as $539 for out of warranty screen damage so the deductible Asurion charges is a slight discount to that.

One thing you might be able to check though is if it is actually the screen or not. I’ve seen a few devices where it looked like there was a crack down the crease in the screen however turned out it was just the screen protector Samsung puts on the devices had cracked. If you have a UBreakiFix or a Samsung Experience Store nearby I’d try taking it into them to have them remove the screen protector and if that’s all that’s wrong with the device they should be able to put another one on for you.

paytonkutch
Just Moved In

The fact that I continue to pay a monthly price for coverage I cannot utilize is what really irritates me. basketball stars

plumbob
Friendly Neighbour

How can a phone that cracked at two weeks old be out of warranty, and what did i buy the teluscare coverage for if it doesnt cover anything it is supposed to?

The warranty would be Samsung’s determination on if it’s covered or not but if look online at their own forums they generally don’t budge on saying it was user damage.

Device Care would be for situations where the equipment manufacturer deems it accident/physical damage, phones over the one year manufacturers warranty and lost or stolen.

I would check the screen protector though as I have seen devices that looked cracked and were not, however I would go to an Authorized Samsung repair centre like UBreakiFix or Samsung directly as there are conflicting reports on if removing the screen protector on the internal display voids warranty or not. 

plumbob
Friendly Neighbour

Starting to wonder how many more have gone through this hell? Might be time someone took legal action dispite the expense. Someone needs to do something about this robbery. Spring break up will be upon the oilpatch soon so ill have some time and paychecks on my hands and i can think of no better way to spend both.

There is a chance it could be covered under warranty but personally have not seen anyone have luck. Edmonton has 3 UBreakiFix locations so I would try one of those first to see what they say as they are Samsung Authorized for repairs and warranty.

It could be as simple though as just the screen protector as there is one installed by default but when I’ve read some who are told by Samsung it’s fine to remove the screen protector themselves as long as doesn’t damage the display and others who are told if it’s not removed by an Authorized Samsung repair centre that any warranty is void so to be on the safe side I would visit them and just see what they come back with.

plumbob
Friendly Neighbour

I wish i would have thought of that. If only Maximum Mobility didnt wait untill the day before i have to leave for work in the Northwest Territories, and if i want to keep their loaner phone i would have to get the work dont through them. They went as far as to not give me back the loaner phone untill i gave them my credit card number for the repairs.