Wifi signal doesn't work at the garage. or around the house

LotusPink
Just Moved In
Hello everyone, I need help and advice.
I use Internet plans details This includes:
750 Mbps download, 750 Mbps upload
Add-ons: Unlimited data.
With modern: T3200M.
▪︎I want to know why there is no signal at my garage separate from the house. and not can use wifi ( displayed as 1 tick)
• Please tell me what do I need to do to be able to use the internet at the garage? When Wifi shows 1 line, the signal is very bad. I want to install the camera outside the garage, but the Wifi signal is not there, what should I do? or do i have to contact Telus installer to fix it!?
In the meantime I've been using Telus Wifi boost for use in the garage but sadly once installed it shows "Poor connection" ( I want the camera to work fine and not have problems connecting to the internet

Please advise to me, Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

Wifi is susceptible to all sorts of issues. Telus has some information on this:

Understanding and optimizing your Wi-Fi | TELUS Support

I have one dead spot (even with boost) that I was able to rectify using powerline networking.

If you have no luck after trying various options in the Telus article you may wish to consider something like this:

TP-Link AV600 Powerline WiFi Extender, ADVANCED 300Mbps Universal Wi-Fi Range Extender, Repeater, Wi...

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

Wifi is susceptible to all sorts of issues. Telus has some information on this:

Understanding and optimizing your Wi-Fi | TELUS Support

I have one dead spot (even with boost) that I was able to rectify using powerline networking.

If you have no luck after trying various options in the Telus article you may wish to consider something like this:

TP-Link AV600 Powerline WiFi Extender, ADVANCED 300Mbps Universal Wi-Fi Range Extender, Repeater, Wi...

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

What kind of distance is the garage away from the modem and booster? In a perfect world running a hard wire connection is the ideal way. You can add a booster closer to the garage inside your home.