Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer ownership of home services to surviving spouse

RVan
Organizer

Hello

Looking for advice / assistance on transferring account to a surviving spouse
Father passed away and trying to transfer home services over to his wife's name (80 yrs young)

she also has her own Telus home phone account  
Have spent many hours on phone 3 different occasions - mostly waiting on hold and receiving conflicting advice 
1st agent says the Home services email my Telus login passwords etc will transfer straight over - and will follow up next day at an approximated time by agent to confirm  - no call back 
Call in again - agent reports no problem - then says account is on copper transferred  -  hold again 
next agent says will not be able to use same @telus.net email if transferred - and to just create a new Gmail account

Promises made for follow up calls do not happen. Forced to call in again 1-888-811-2323 having to re-live and re explain the ordeal all over again - I cannot believe how disconnected this process is - people pass everyday why is this process so broken - Greatly appreciate advice wisdom and suggestions on what has to be done to complete what seems to be a simple process.  
Thanks for your time  
Randy 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

The links are simply links to our official FB and Twitter / X pages. You can send a private message directly to our social media team through either of those.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Definitely not the experience we want our customers to have. I'll send you a private message to discuss further.

RVan
Organizer

Hello A-B, Community Manager at the Neighbourhood
I did receive the private message from you with direction on how to proceed
I see you are a standing active member here on the site offering help to many
I am however curious if private messages (with links to other sites) is standard practice

Please excuse my apprehension here
The links provided appear to be valid
Can the community confirm links via PM is standard practice and this is not a scam or other nefarious act
Again, please excuse my apprehension and of being overly concerned
Thanks again
Randy
Below is summary of PM received

We can't verify accounts here, but we can verify over at our social media pages.
To get your account verified, you can reach out to via private message to us at either our Twitter / X or Facebook pages...and when you do, mention the issue you're experiencing and our team can verify your account and take a look!

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

The links are simply links to our official FB and Twitter / X pages. You can send a private message directly to our social media team through either of those.