Telus webmail down yet again

SOLVED
Advisor

Telus webmail down yet again

This is happening all the time why is this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey guys!

Webmail is in fact down. So sorry for the inconvenience!!! It has been down for the last few hours.

Here is the status: 

Issue Details:

Error and latency is experienced within TELUS.net webmail
  • Users are delayed or unable to access their email services

Actions / Updates:

INITIAL - Apr 17, 17:08 ET
  • Issue is isolated to email accounts whose password was just changed
  • Support teams continue to investigate, no ETR

We do not have an ETR but the fact it has been reported is great and we are on it to fix ASAP! Hang tight and thanks for your patience.

View solution in original post

132 REPLIES 132

yup, since yesterday, I'm in Alberta

I have not been able to get in since yesterday afternoon

Then this morning it worked for a bit  then closed me down again.  since 9am

My Telus email has been down for about 3 days in Abbotsford BC .. just checked 5 minutes ago .. won't take password retype it .. error code xxxxxccc92

Can’t get through to anyone at TELUS using chat - #250+ in queue and then it just disconnects me at random after waiting in line for a few minutes (4x I tried and got booted off every time?!). I tried calling, but endlessly on hold there too.

Their email service has been down since yesterday afternoon, but not surprisingly, the billing pages are up and working. Sorry if I sound a little cynical, but having no email service on any devices, local mail client or web based for nearly 24 hours now begs the question why they don’t have any backup service.

Over a week now.

Friendly Neighbour

Trying to log in to webmail from remote computers in Ontario and cannot stay logged in using 3 different browsers (FireFox, Chrome, Edge). Stay logged on for about 30 seconds and then bunted out to login screen, it is really aggravating and troubling, my email client (MS Outlook) is likely working OK but it is on my computer back home in Alberta. Oh well, Too Bad, So Sad...

Yes!  Been having issues since last night.

I'm having problems logging on and keeping a connection with my Edge and Firefox browsers too.

Just got off chat with support.  They are still working on the problem.

POP is not working for me either 😞

Task 'xxxxxx@telus.net - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC92) : 'Your e-mail server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password for this account in Account Settings.  The server responded: -ERR internal server error'

Community Power User

It's taking forever to log in for me currently. Painfully slow.

edit: @MTL_Dave You are fast. Our posts were mere seconds apart 😉

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Hello,

There is an outage with webmail at the moment unfortunately.

Why don't you back out the problem version and restore the previous good version?

I agree with the poster who said, put back the previous version until they actually fix this one - that would provide the least disruption to paying customers while the Telus team figures out the problem(s) and make this essential service actually work!  (I wonder if Darren's email is down... or perhaps he uses gmail!)

Any word on when we get get the service we pay for back?

Hey guys!

Webmail is in fact down. So sorry for the inconvenience!!! It has been down for the last few hours.

Here is the status: 

Issue Details:

Error and latency is experienced within TELUS.net webmail
  • Users are delayed or unable to access their email services

Actions / Updates:

INITIAL - Apr 17, 17:08 ET
  • Issue is isolated to email accounts whose password was just changed
  • Support teams continue to investigate, no ETR

We do not have an ETR but the fact it has been reported is great and we are on it to fix ASAP! Hang tight and thanks for your patience.

View solution in original post

Considering that your remarks are supposedly dated April 17 (while it is only April 4th.  What are you doing to fix this.  This is the 5th day that I have been unable to access my webmail.

@terrya  I suggest you contact TELUS to have a look at your issue here. Webmail has been working for me no issues with my personal and business email.

If it was a widespread issue there would be a lot of chatter on the forums.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.

@terrya Try using another browser. Do not use Outlook, Mac Mail, etc. Microsoft Edge is having issues, try Chrome. If not, try calling in.

I haven't changed my password recently and I haven't been able to get into webmail for 2 days now/

@terrya wrote:

I haven't changed my password recently and I haven't been able to get into webmail for 2 days now/

I too am having no problems now, nor for the last month.

Any chance you are using the Edge browser?  If so, stop.

Otherwise, what browser are you using?