cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus representative has not kept his word.

Renegade49
Neighbour

I am dealing with a Telus sales representative who has been less than truthful with me. Our building had FibreOptic installed 3 weeks ago and I met with the sales rep the other day. He had given me an installation day and then pulled it back. So he has said he will get me a day close to the time, but so far has done nothing. I have contacted him four times now and he said he would get back to me the same day and has failed to do so. The third time he promised to get back to me for certain this time, but has also failed to do so. So I am stuck with not having a date when I will have FibreOptic Service. I spent 3 hours on the phone today with Telus going trying to get an installation date but then said they could not make it as they have no indication that I am getting FibreOptic. I am a Telus customer. I have no idea what to do at this point but cancel my service and go with another provider. - Renegade49

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you for the update. Yes, I was able to talk with Telus this morning and they checked to see if it was all ready to go, and yes it is. So they set my appointment for June 24 - 8 am - 9 am. All things are a go. I also have an issue number should anything not go accordingly. Cheers and thanks for the reply.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Once the fibre infrastructure is installed in the building it does take a bit of time before it's all provisioned in their system. I went through the same thing with my building a couple years ago. I believe it took just over a month from when the lines were installed in building to the point where the unit owners could get fibre connected in their units.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Thank you for the update. Yes, I was able to talk with Telus this morning and they checked to see if it was all ready to go, and yes it is. So they set my appointment for June 24 - 8 am - 9 am. All things are a go. I also have an issue number should anything not go accordingly. Cheers and thanks for the reply.