cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus phone support telling lies?

Taliesyn
Helpful Neighbour

I am moving to a new rental unit and my landlord said he spoke to Telus and they said I could transfer his Gigabit internet to my name and get a discounted rate.  When I called Telus they told me I need the PIN to his account, OR he would need to be on the call at the same time to confirm it.  The support guy then tried to call the landlord but got voice mail.  He then sent ME an email that states:

Taliesyn_0-1708824857032.png

But said I need to send this to the redacted person's name and schedule a time for my landlord and I to JOINTLY call Telus.  But this email said they have already provided permission and I just have to call back to complete the transfer.  But he refuses to do it because he DOESN'T have an email address for the landlord (and current account holder) because I don't have the PIN to get into the account. His instruction to me is to send this email to the landlord and then schedule a time to waste both of our time waiting on hold for TELUS.

Except with this email saying they have the permission of the landlord, why shouldn't my expectation be that it is already done and they can transfer if I talk to someone else at TELUS?  Why do I need to do their job.  They told the landlord I could transfer with just the name and account number.  Now they send me an email saying the same thing.  But won't do it. 

If I don't get a satisfactory answer I'm going to publish the rate I was promised for Gigabit internet, which is substantially lower than the published rate.

8 REPLIES 8

Taliesyn
Helpful Neighbour

Following up on this - I ended up talking to a manager in Loyalty in Manila.  She told me that she couldn't do anything because of their process. She then asked if I could provide the landlord's phone number so she could try calling him.  I told her I wasn't providing that private information, and that Telus already has it, given the previous support guy had tried already.  She denied he could have done that.  So he either lied to ME about calling the landlord, or violated privacy rules and DID. Which was it? 

Now I'm told that I need to setup a three-way call between my landlord, myself and Telus to make this happen. That sounds like Telus is hiring me to do a job.  How do I invoice at my hourly rate?

Taliesyn
Helpful Neighbour

Further followup - I have now called back, with my landlord ready to be dialed in - and I have now been on hold waiting for a human to answer for over 30 minutes.  Given the low cost of call center support people in Manila, why does anyone have to wait this long?  Just hire more of them.  I wish we could have foreign competition in this space.  I recently got to deal with Orange in France and the customer support was orders of magnitude better than Telus.

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey. Were you able to get through with your landlord and get this taken care of? 

Taliesyn
Helpful Neighbour

Eventually.  Four hours on the phone over two evenings.  More lies and incompetence, and privacy violations.  I have reported the privacy violations to your privacy group and they have assured me there will be an investigation.  I have also requested the recordings of the calls because there is sufficient evidence therein to form the basis of a tort such that I can seek compensation for the time that was wasted and the harm caused by promises that have still not be fulfilled.  If anyone else would could provide the fibre service to me I wouldn't continue using Telus.

Taliesyn
Helpful Neighbour

This gets worse! Today I logged in to pay my bills.  Except there weren't two bills. They had been remerged into one. I called to get that corrected.  The agent (Rose Marie) did SOMETHING that changed the service address on the second internet service to match the first one.  Which disconnected my service at my home.  It took TWO HOURS on the phone to get that corrected.  And they claim they cannot correct the billing error (one bill instead of two) until the next billing cycle.  I am NOT paying the bill that is wrong because I have legal reasons they needed to be separate.  I am also not paying any late fees while they correct it.

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Please let us know what happens once the billing is corrected in the next cycle.

Taliesyn
Helpful Neighbour

I think I might start calling customer support every month. Each time I do, someone in the call center makes a mistake, which ends up with me getting credits such that my bills are ending up with zero owing after they have to scramble to correct the mistakes.  This time they covered my whole bill for March because they remerged bills that had to be separate for legal reasons (which Telus was told).  They are also investigating how it happened because there was no evidence of human intervention. If the bill that issues on 7April is remerged, Telus will again be paying my bill for me.  Three months in a row with no payments.  As a customer, this is pretty good.  As a shareholder, this is atrocious.  Darren will not be happy with my feedback.

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Alright, then let us know if you need any further billing assistance after that bill arrives.