cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus Pure Fibre Service Map

Robert_Palmer
Just Moved In

Hi,

I am looking at moving and was wondering if Telus had a map of communities in calgary where pure fibre is available since having good and multiple internet connections is required for my work.

2 REPLIES 2

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Unfortunately there isn't a map like that available. The only option I know of is if you are planning on moving to an area, just put a few house addresses from that area into the search tool on Telus's website. I'd think that a majority of Calgary will be fibre capable but there can still be areas that aren't. If you're considering a condo or apartment, properties that are already upgraded will show up in the address search.

It is possible to have a condo (all types including bareland condos) or apartment in an area that has fibre which does not have fibre run to the units. The board / building owners would have to request and approve the whole building be upgraded for fibre before the building/complex would be wired up internally with fibre.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

polecat
All-Star

@Robert_Palmer  For myself i wood ask the real estate company if fibre is available. To make sure i would go to the neighborhood and ring a few door bells  if they are using telus fibre or shaw. Only way to 100 % sure. To late after the sale you will get no timeline on fibre from telus.