cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switched from SHAW and working out the bugs. Just got SmartRing and now where is VM to EM?

Kento77
Friendly Neighbour

Interesting how the voicemail sounds and works pretty much identical to Shaw - except how to have voicemails sent to my email? 

The instructions on the web say it's possible but there is no voicemail to text/email option available either by calling the voicemail and checking options or by logging into online voicemail through the TELUS web portal. 

By the way, we have the "full feature" home phone, not the LITE version. 

So, any help would be appreciated! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BrandonT
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hey @Kento77 

Welcome to the TELUS family 🙂

As far as I am aware, Home Phone does not have the ability to send voicemail recordings to your email
...On TELUS Mobility (cellphone) you can send Voicemails to Text Messages or to Email as a voice recording & in transcript as an extra add-on.

Closest Solution: You can setup voicemail email "notifications" through the web portal at https://voicemail.telus.com then, when you get the email notification you can click the link in your email to play the voicemail on the web portal.

Helpful Links:

• TELUS Home Phone Voicemail Guide [PDF] Click Here
  • How to setup your TELUS Home Phone Voicemail Click Here

There are 3 ways to access your TELUS Home Phone voicemail.

1. To access your voicemail from anywhere you get email, set up your voicemail to e-mail notifications. This is great for use at home, or away from home
  2. To access your mailbox from your Home phone, wait for a dial tone, then dial *98
  3. To access your voicemail when you are away from home:
  • If you are in Canada, call your 10-digit home number, or call 1-844-310-9898 toll free. Press star (*) during your greeting, then enter your password

or

• If you are outside of Canada, call your 10-digit phone number, or call any of the below voicemail access numbers (international long distance charges may apply). Press star (*) during your greeting, then enter your password:

TELUS Employee & Neighbourhood Volunteer :black_small_square:If you found this helpful, let others know by clicking the ❤️ Like button.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

BrandonT
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hey @Kento77 

Welcome to the TELUS family 🙂

As far as I am aware, Home Phone does not have the ability to send voicemail recordings to your email
...On TELUS Mobility (cellphone) you can send Voicemails to Text Messages or to Email as a voice recording & in transcript as an extra add-on.

Closest Solution: You can setup voicemail email "notifications" through the web portal at https://voicemail.telus.com then, when you get the email notification you can click the link in your email to play the voicemail on the web portal.

Helpful Links:

• TELUS Home Phone Voicemail Guide [PDF] Click Here
  • How to setup your TELUS Home Phone Voicemail Click Here

There are 3 ways to access your TELUS Home Phone voicemail.

1. To access your voicemail from anywhere you get email, set up your voicemail to e-mail notifications. This is great for use at home, or away from home
  2. To access your mailbox from your Home phone, wait for a dial tone, then dial *98
  3. To access your voicemail when you are away from home:
  • If you are in Canada, call your 10-digit home number, or call 1-844-310-9898 toll free. Press star (*) during your greeting, then enter your password

or

• If you are outside of Canada, call your 10-digit phone number, or call any of the below voicemail access numbers (international long distance charges may apply). Press star (*) during your greeting, then enter your password:

TELUS Employee & Neighbourhood Volunteer :black_small_square:If you found this helpful, let others know by clicking the ❤️ Like button.

Kento77
Friendly Neighbour

Hi and thanks for your reply. 

The "closest solution" is, indeed, exactly what I was looking for. 

By setting up a notification by email, with audio, I then receive an email with an audio file of the voicemail! 

Tested, confirmed and that's that. 

Thank you! 

Mr. Brandon T:  I LOVE YOU for posting this answer, which I've been trying to do for a year now since I switched from Shaw!! ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

Like Kento77, I followed your directions to the "Closest Solution" and WoWzers -- worked like a charm.  Neither the Loyalty Support or Telus agent that signed me up and promised me "Everything you have with Shaw" could answer this (when I complained), NOR Telus' online support page (which directs one to click "Change add-ons" for Voicemail to Text or Email, but there's no such thing offered on my account page), NOR Telus Chat, which didn't even understand what language I was speaking, Lol.  Telus should give you one huge bouquet of your favourite thing.  And say it's from me :D.  "Thank you" doesn't cut it.  Cheers and Happy 2021!

Positive Correction to BrandonT's "Closest Solution":   In Gmail, it DOES play the voicemail right in the Gmail message with no need for a Telus "web portal" 😊😄.  SO -- even better than expected:  it IS the ability to send voicemail recordings directly to one's e-mail.  Love it, love it.