cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPAM coming via email

canuck617
Friendly Neighbour

New to telus and it's world wide web service.

What is up with the amount of spam coming via email?

With shaw we were lucky to see one a week, if that. Now we get this (see image) 20-30 message thought out the day constantly.

Need to do a better job, not at all impressed.

..been trying to load a screen shot, but it's been over 3 hours and it won't load. So yeah, there is that..

5 REPLIES 5

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

I can't recall the last time I got a spam message in email. It's likely your Telus email address has made it into a spam database and shared with the spamming community.

There is a report as spam button in the toolbar.

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

xray
Hero

I get zero spam emails on my Telus email addres. I never use it to sign up for newsletters or as log on to random web sites.

Too many sites are sharing/selling email addresses or get hacked because they lack proper security. It's up to users to be smart about where they use their email address. It's not up to Telus to police it.

tcf999
Friendly Neighbour

I am getting the same spam message from similar addresses every day.   It has the same prefix every time (not mine but with part of my address in it) and a random domain, always ending in ".us"   Therefore I can't block it because it is always a different domain.  The person's display name is always the same.  What do I do?

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

You can try creating a filter based on the display name:

Create rules to filter your emails - Gmail Help (google.com)

Just a long time customer hoping to help.