cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PureFibre Equipment question

PeteMet
Just Moved In

I'm considering cutting the cable and switching from Shaw (TV/internet/phone) to Telus Purefibre (internet/phone only).

Currently have a Wifi Mesh system on the other end of coaxial cable in the main upstairs living area. I'd like to keep using the mesh units I have as they are conveniently placed, and work well. 

Home older so no ethernet between garage and base mesh unit - only coaxial cable.  No way to fish it in either - too far/complicated.

The fibre terminates at the side of my garage. 

So I assume Telus will install an ONT in the garage and then connect it to a router in the garage. From what I can see the router most often used seems to be the ActionTec T3200M, which should then be able to be connected to my coaxial cable to provide internet (MOCA).  What I'm wanting to know is if Telus will supply a MOCA device (Actiontec 6200?) as part of the install to enable me to attach my Mesh WiFi router on the other side of my coaxial cable so I don't have to move any of my current setup.  From what I read it seems to be supplied if you are also ordering Optik TV, but I'm not sure if they provide it for internet only customers...

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Chicnstu
Leader

There should be no problem getting them to supply a moca adapter during the install. Just explain the main reason you need one is because the Fibre was brought in to the garage instead of the interior of the home.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Chicnstu
Leader

There should be no problem getting them to supply a moca adapter during the install. Just explain the main reason you need one is because the Fibre was brought in to the garage instead of the interior of the home.

Thanks - appreciate the info - will go ahead and book the install...