Orbi RBK50 and Fiber 150/150 and Optik TV 4K PVR and Wireless 4K Box

Highlighted
Resident

I just bought a Netgear Orbi RBK50 Mesh system to boost my WiFi in my house.  I just wanted to make sure that it is compatible with my setup.  I currently have an Optik 4K PVR hardwired to the TM3200 router.   It runs on coxial from the TM3200 to a MoCA and then ethernet cable to my TV.  I also have a wireless box for the TV downstairs.  I don't have Cat5/6 wiring to the the TV areas.  From some of the posts I have read, I need to put the TM3200 in bridge mode (Port1) but keep the WiFi on so that wireless box is still paired to the 4k PVR.  I then connect from LAN 1 on the TM3200 to the Orbi. 

ONT (Nokia) -----> TM3200 -------> LAN 1 on TM3200 -------> Orbi

I

I -----> Coaxial TM3200  ---------> MoCA -----------> PVR

I

I ------> WiFi---------> Wireless Box

Is this correct?  Does the WiFi from the TM3200 interfere significantly with the WiFi from the Orbi?  Is there another way to set this up?  Can I plug the Orbi directly to the ONT?  Will this create a double NAT situation?

Thank you for your input!

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

I never put the T3200M into bridge mode when I had my own router connected. I just made sure my router/mesh had a different IP range (ie 192.168.10.x) and never had a problem.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂
Highlighted
Resident

Did you connect your own router to the ONT or the TM3200?  Any problems with playing multiplayer video games on the PS4?

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

I am sadly still on DSL so my T3200 is my gateway. I just had my router connected to one of the 4 LAN ports on it. I don't have a PS4 so I can't comment on how well it'll work in that kind of set up. The multiplayer games I did play worked fine though I was never hosting anything.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂