cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration Issues

Di444
Organizer

Has abtbody else experienced this problem?

When I proceeded to activate my account (I already had a Google account) I was presented with the signon which contained a Telus email ending in .telusplanet.net, but I had indicated on the request to use one of my other aliases ending in .telus.net.  I entered my password and was presented with the Google  Choose an Account and I checked Personal Google Account.

I then received an error message: Your account has changed.  The telusplanet.net address is no longer available because an organization has reserved this.  The same error message was received when I attempted to use my email endding in .telus.net.

Anybody have a solution?

2 REPLIES 2

Di444
Organizer
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" /><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 15 (filtered medium)" /><!--<br>/* Font Definitions */<br>@font-face<br> {font-family:"Cambria Math";<br> panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}<br>@font-face<br> {font-family:Calibri;<br> panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}<br>/* Style Definitions */<br>p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal<br> {margin:0cm;<br> font-size:11.0pt;<br> font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}<br>a:link, span.MsoHyperlink<br> {mso-style-priority:99;<br> color:blue;<br> text-decoration:underline;}<br>.MsoChpDefault<br> {mso-style-type:export-only;}<br>@page WordSection1<br> {size:612.0pt 792.0pt;<br> margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt;}<br>div.WordSection1<br> {page:WordSection1;}<br>-->

P.S. I resolved the problem by using my ipad   Maybe because I had used the ipad when I registered for the migration????  Anyway, I am able now to access my email.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

SmoresGuy
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi, That message you described is similar to the messages used when the telus.net/telusplanet.net address was used on Google for another service in the past. There is a help page about https://www.telus.com/en/ab/support/article/migration-day-checklist-google-users but I think you have already done the Migration Day steps, and I would suggest reading the section on "Steps to continue using your previously created Google account". 

Hope this helps resolve the issue.