cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet is out. Red light on modem.

Park61
Neighbour

Internet went out at around midnight. It’s now 4 am and still not working. Tried restarting the modem several times to no avail. Just had a solid red light on my modem. Doesn’t say there is an outage in the area. 

4 REPLIES 4

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

This is a situation where you contact tech support directly. A red internet light means it has no connection to Telus. As long as the cables are all still properly connected, that typically involves tech support and/or a repair tech.

Contact tech support directly. 1-888-811-2323. 

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Hey @Park61 if your router has a red light I would check where the fibre is coming into your home and seeing if the fibre box has a red light on it too. The issue sounds to be between the modem and us but our support team is always here to help!

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

Hi there, my network access hub is showing red light around the same time 10:30pm and that is 2 nights in a row. Yesterday it came back on around 6am, tonight it’s happening again and it is affecting my work severely.  Modem light shows green but the NAH shows red. 

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

If rebooting the NAH doesn't resolve the issue, your best bet as Nighthawk mentioned would be to reach out to our Tech Support team directly so they can investigate through the network from their side.

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.