cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Usage Stats Not Showing

BobArthur
Ambassador

I added the SHUDDER streaming service through Amazon Prime ( only .99/month for 2 months ) on the 12th and watched a lot of movies over the first few days. I was curious just how much extra GB's I was using so I checked on my personal profile section and nothing was showing except how much usage I had gone through for July up to the point. When I check my " Daily Usage " everything is blank and I get the following message: Your daily usage will appear here once you start using data. And when I check my " Past Cycles " all I get is this message: Looks like you don't have any past usage yet. Until last week there was never any problem as I could see what my daily use was and what my past cycles looked like. I called Customer Service last Friday and they said that the issue would be escalated and to expect a fix by early this week but it's still not working properly. Is anybody else here having this problem ????

13 REPLIES 13

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

I've seen issues with the usage reports in the past. Currently it's working in the app on my phone but when I login to my account via the web I can only see usage for the current billing period and no historical data (this works in the app).

Likely something going on in the background that hopefully will be rectified soon. 

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

Hi FuzzyLogic - thanks for your response. I was starting to think that the problem was only coming from my end plus the CSR I talked to last week said that there were no other similar complaints in her reports. Anyway - I just checked and it's still not working correctly so if it's still doing this tomorrow I will call customer service one more time.

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello. This information not showing is a known issue for a number of accounts, and if yours is impacted then you can call in to our team at 1-888-811-2323 and have our team report it. Another option is to look into an Unlimited data plan which will prevent this from being an issue at all.

Hi A-B - thanks for responding. I actually have unlimited data usage right now ( I'm still on my first Telus contract so that might change next April ) but I still check my date usage every couple of weeks just to see what my usage totals are. Usually I am around 70 to 80 GB per month but I'm already at 89.50 GB for July which is probably because I added SHUDDER on July 12th and I have been watching their programming a lot over the last week. 

BobArthur
Ambassador

Still not working. 😡

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you're on the Unlimited Data tier than the data used by Shudder won't have any kind of impact to your billing.

Hi A-B - I know that using SHUDDER will not affect my billing but I was just curious how much more data I was using. Normally I am around 70 to GB per month but after watching a lot of programming on SHUDDER since July 12th my usage for July is now at 202.78 GB.

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

That sounds about right. Watching HD or 4K streaming video eats up a ton of data.

Quick question for you - if I didn't have the unlimited data option what is my data limit with the Internet 75 package. It looks like Internet 75 is no longer being offered by Telus as I cannot find any information about it anywhere on the Telus site.

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

IIRC it was 550 GB/month.

Thanks. Good to know that I still am OK even when my free " unlimited data " promotion ends in April and I still use Amazon Prime and/or SHUDDER regularly. Hopefully I can keep the Internet 75 package ( and I am actually getting the Internet 150 speeds ) once I renew my contract in next year.

BobArthur
Ambassador

3 weeks later and it's still not showing my internet usage. I was told during my initial phone call to a CSR that the issue would be sent to the escalation department so I'm not sure why it's taking so long to find a solution.

BobArthur
Ambassador

2 months later and this problem has not been fixed. Nobody from the Escalation Department ever contacted me so I called a CSR on Monday and she said that somebody will definitely contact me sometime this week. I know that I don't need to worry about using too much data but I still would like to know my monthly data usage is for each month.