cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

False Advertisement

ejay1983
Friendly Neighbour

Hello,

I was recently a shaw customer, and I switched over to telus. The sales representative Naved Munshi, and Juan Serrano had a promotional offer for an Alexa Echo Dot. It did sway my decision to move over to Telus.

Upon, numerous phone calls to customer service to obtain my telus box, to actually install it. I finally got through to a customer representative. To get my telus box shipped to me, so I could actually watch TV, and not watch my cellphone.

I did not receive, the echo dot. I called back to see if the order was processed. The customer representative than told me there is no such offer.

So, in fact the reality of the matter is. Had I not called back, and initiated the follow up. I would not have received a telus box. I would have been lead to believe that one would be sent out in the mail, moreover I could be waiting years.

Just as I am lead to believe that I would receive an echo dot. Which is in fact a lie. 

I am unsure how to approach this matter, but I would like a justified response to this.

https://www.legalline.ca/legal-answers/dishonest-businesses-and-misleading-advertising/#:~:text=Unde....

Thanks

Edward

4 REPLIES 4

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ejay1983 Can you elaborate more on the offer? What were the terms? 

ejay1983
Friendly Neighbour

I do not know the offer off of memory, but if you contact <contact info removed by Mod to prevent doxxing>, you can ask him. The building that was being worked on is Centro 733. Thanks Edward

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

The name you provided doesn't come up in our employee database so they could be a contractor. Let me do some digging on our offers and I'll get back to you via private message. 

ejay1983
Friendly Neighbour
Ok thx

Sent from my iPhone