cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boost Wifi issues

Dave_P
Just Moved In

Hello, I currently have a new Arcadyan Network Access Hub with a Telus Boost Wifi 6 directly connected to it.  I also have a boost wifi starter pack (that I purchased before the upgrade and used on my old system).  I live in an older two story residence and the wifi signal in the basement is spotty in some areas. 

A question (as there does not seem to be a lot of information on the new access hub and/or Boost Wifi 6): 

- Can I use the starter pack to add to the Boost Wifi 6 network and created a mesh network?

If so, then I am looking for some advice on how to accomplish this as I've tried multiple ways to connect the wifi boosters, through the Telus Connect App.  I get part way through the process where the boost wifi is showing a steady blue and then the app freezes at the green check mark but will not go any further.  In the end the boosters show up on my list of wifi devices with a separate SSID but never show up in the Telus Connect App.  I thought this process would sync them to the existing Wifi Boost 6 network...or am I wrong?

Any help or information would be much appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

If you followed these instructions, another option is to find the IP address of the Boost unit itself (from your main router admin page), and access the web admin page from that IP address.

Also, make sure you are connecting new Boost units to the Wi-Fi hub, and that they have been factory reset.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

I used your second method with the IP address from my main booster repeater off of the router admin page, and used the WPS button to connect.  I was FINALLY able to add my boost extension to my boost starter pack.  Many thanks.

could you walk me through exactly what you did because im having the same issue

Ronster
Just Moved In

How will this work when the original Boost pods are Wi-Fi 5 and the new one is Wi-Fi 6??

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Because Wi-Fi 6 is backwards compatible to earlier formats?!?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Ronster
Just Moved In

I get Wi-Fi 6 is compatible, but what I meant was the original Boost pods cant be used to extend the Wi-Fi 6 network as it doesn’t support it.  As well unsure if the new Wi-Fi 6 Boost could use the original Boosts to create a mesh. If the Boosts are just straight access points, maybe….